JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need an old LXI code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nos402

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Need an old LXI code Reply with quote

I have an old LXI VCR, and I've tried every code I can find, but to no avail. The weird part is, my sony TV remote also can control the VCR, so at some point I programmed a code into that, but I can not find any code yet to make my URC-6131 (a non-learning remote) affect my VCR. Can anyone help? I figure there must be a way, but I'm a total newb to this JP1 stuff! I didn't find any upgrade files either. Any suggestions? Thanks!
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My old LXI VCR (which one of my sons broke years ago) was setup code VCR/0037, which is included in the 6131.

It is NEC1:110, which must have been a very common VCR code because every "universal" remote I ever tried had a code for it, even some very questionable old TV or Cable "universal" remotes that had only a dozen VCR codes total.

I have no idea whether LXI was consistent about that or used other codes in other models.
Nos402

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0037 didn't work for me. It was the only LXI code listed. After that didn't work, I tried the "search" mode where it just goes through it's library, and none seemed to work. I found it very strange since my TV remote could be programmed to control it, but the 6131 apaprently doesn't have the code in it. Sad I was really hoping the 6131 would work for me as I love it's layout, but I'm wondering if I might be forced to get the MX-500 learning remote, since many of buttons on my sony receiver/cdplayer don't seem to be included either. I'll keep researching though!
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't an MX-500 rather expensive, even compared to the easy but slightly expensive solution to your problem.

If you have (or get) a JP1 cable and get a JP1 learning remote (such as the 8810w for $20 at many Walmart stores) you can learn a few signals from the LXI remote and decode them with JP1 and program them into the 6131.

Some people would then take the 8810w back to Walmart for full refund. I personally don't abuse easy return policies that way, but it's fairly common advice around here.
Nos402

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, never thought of that route! Thanks! I may have to experiment!
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
Some people would then take the 8810w back to Walmart for full refund.

In this case, my recommendation would be to keep the remote so that future devices can be learned and decoded with the JP1 tools. The total investment would still be cheaper than an MX-500, plus you'd have another toy to play with! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: