JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to program TWC 1056B03 remote to turn on cable and tv

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tlw54

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: How to program TWC 1056B03 remote to turn on cable and tv Reply with quote

I just got a new TWC remote, 1056B03, as we wore the previous one out. We had, and I can not remember how I did it, the old one set so that all you had to do was press the "red power" button and the cable/dvr would turn on and then the tv would turn on. I've tried the "995" code, but either I'm too old or too inept as I can not get it to work. On the old remote when you pressed the power button, the cable button would light and the cable box/dvr would turn on, then the tv button would light and the tv turn. Pressing it the second time turn both off. All the other controls for dvr and tv we controlled by just using the 1056 remote. Any help would be appreciated.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 1056B03, and it appears that once a power macro has been saved, you must first press Cable ( or already be in Cable mode) before pressing Master Power. In other words, the macro is only effective while the remote is in Cable mode.

See these instructions at URCSupport for the 1056B03, which also say the macro is effective only in the Cable mode.
tlw54

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much! Worked like a charm!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: