JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCA RCRP05BR code for a Yamaha RX-V565

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmyjames

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: RCA RCRP05BR code for a Yamaha RX-V565 Reply with quote

The code that was listed with the remote (1276) turns off the Yamaha and controls it's volume +/-/mute. However it won't turn the turner back on and I can't figure out how to change the inputs on the turner, so I assume I can't do that either.

Any ideas?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the first idea is to use the required template. Because the best answer depends on some of the questions. In this case do you have a cable?

Even though you were able to control the unit with the 1276 code, that is not the best yamaha code in the remote.

The 1276 Code shoots a plain Nec1 122 signal, but you need a code that shoots a Nec1 126 for the Power toggle.

Better codes to try would be 0376, 1476, or 2061

And typically the Numberkeys change inputs on a receiver, so you will need to turn off channel lock. The original instructions for this were incorrect, so you might want to check out the WIKI for manual programming instructions (again, I am assuming you don't have a cable).

Good luck

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
cauer29

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: RCA RCRP05BR code for a Yamaha RX-V565 Reply with quote

jimmyjames wrote:
The code that was listed with the remote (1276) turns off the Yamaha and controls it's volume +/-/mute. However it won't turn the turner back on and I can't figure out how to change the inputs on the turner, so I assume I can't do that either.

Any ideas?

Based on the spreadsheet at:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7548

OBC 29 and 30 are pwr on and standby respectively for all zones with NEC1 122. It's been a while, but that should be EFC 00248 and 00246 respectively. Those should work with codes 0176, 1176, 1276 or 1376.

Press the setup key and then 00248 to pwr on all zones. Press setup key and then 00246 to pwr off all zones. You can assign those as keymoves so that you don't have press that many keys, but just try with setup key 00248 or 00246 first to see if they work.

From the spreadsheet, the input selection codes appear to be NEC1-y1 and it's not clear to me that there is a setup code in your remote that can shoot that. It may require an upgrade via JP1 cable.

A.A.
jimmyjames

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003, I do not have a cable. I'll try those other codes first and see if they do any better.

cauer29, if those codes don't work, I'll try to figure out what you wrote and test it.

Will let you know how it goes.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: RCA RCRP05BR code for a Yamaha RX-V565 Reply with quote

cauer29 wrote:
From the spreadsheet, the input selection codes appear to be NEC1-y1 and it's not clear to me that there is a setup code in your remote that can shoot that. It may require an upgrade via JP1 cable.

A.A.

I thought 2061 was going to do that. If you look at the "EFC" page for this code, you'll see that this protocol isn't EFC-able. Instead it list the hex for the buttons. This morning I took a closer look at the hex and none of the hex had the characteristic bit flip of the Y1 protocol (except maybe the input toggle). So there isn't a native Y1 type signal.

So it would appear that a cable would be needed to get full control. Of course the user can always do head to head learning to get any of the Y1 codes that are needed. (Assuming the user has the original remote, we'd know that if the Template had been followed. Rolling Eyes ) The Y1 codes include the input toggle, and all of the direct input codes.

The channel lock instructions for the RCA are here
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=ChLock_Style_2
However without a cable its an all or nothing proposition. With the cable you would get the ability to have channel lock on for some devices and off for others.
jimmyjames

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All those codes had the same affect, would turn off or on, but not both. Looks like i need the cable. I do have the original remote and will try to teach it.

I successfully unlocked the number pad and am able to change the inputs on the reciever.

Thanks for all the help.
jimmyjames

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I followed the instructions to program the power button... And I when I push the button on the original remote the RCA doesn't blink rapidly, then turn off and never blinks twice... Any ideas?
===============
Note: If more than 15 seconds pass between key presses, the remote exits programming.

Press and hold Setup until the last-selected mode key blinks twice, then press 9 7 5.
Note: If the LED displays one long flash instead, either your batteries are low, or this remote has a memory fault.
Press a mode key once to assign a mode for learning.
Press the desired key on this remote once to store the feature to be learned.
Place this remote control head-to-head (about 2" apart) from your original remote control. Also, locate the key (on your original remote) that you want this remote to learn.
On the original remote, press and hold the key to be learned. The device key's LED will blink rapidly, then turn off. Continue holding the key on the original remote until the device key LED blinks twice.
Note: If the LED displays one long blink, a learning error has occurred. Try repeating this step again until a successful capture occurs. If the function is still not captured, press and hold Setup to exit programming and review the "Learning Precautions" above. After review, start programming again at step 1.
Repeat steps 2 through 5 for another mode and/or key or press and hold Setup until the active mode key LED blinks twice to exit programming.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmyjames wrote:
All those codes had the same affect, would turn off or on, but not both. Looks like i need the cable. I do have the original remote and will try to teach it.

We can program the power toggle with EFCs.
But Learning should work as well. However there may be restrictions on the Power button, because it has that "master power" thingy going on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: