JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Phillips RC260 Media Center (w/Wenesa IR receiver)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, asleep on watch Laughing

What you can't tell is that when you select either of those options you get a message:
======================================
The standard version of this computer/laptop cannot be controlled by any remote.

There are accessories that can be added, for this computer, that are remote controlled or that can control the computer itself. If you have customized or upgraded your computer with one of these accessories, please add the accessory to the members’ website by entering its manufacturer and model number.
So we are no further forward without knowing the type of accessory.

Sorry

Al
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The accessory is "Wesena", as seen here, if that helps
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=102051
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Sorry, asleep on watch Laughing

Actually this was a good for me. I was out shopping, and as I was meandering through the remote area Laughing , there was a guy with an arm full of harmony 300's, asking if they would honor their online harmony 300 price. So I went over and picked up my own for $20 harmony. I absolutely hate how slow it is to load a new upgrade, and how hard it is to find anything. It was REALLY frustrating when I tried to select the Zino HD, only to find out there were no functions defined.

Quote:

What you can't tell is that when you select either of those options you get a message:
The standard version of this computer/laptop cannot be controlled by any remote.

There are accessories that can be added, for this computer, that are remote controlled or that can control the computer itself. If you have customized or upgraded your computer with one of these accessories, please add the accessory to the members’ website by entering its manufacturer and model number.
So we are no further forward without knowing the type of accessory.

Sorry

Al

I didn't get that message when I chose the inspiron 410 multimedia PC.
But only seb can tell.

The Dell Inspiron Zino HD 410 shipped with this remote, philips part number RC260
http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow_viewer/0,3253,l%253D256946%2526a%253D256869%2526po%253D5,00.asp?p=n
which looks surpisingly like this philips RC260 that shipped with the Wenesa r
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=102051

So what we are gambling on is that the harmony Dell Inspiron 410 MultiMedia PC is a capture of the Dell Inspiron Zino HD 410

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11269

If nothing else, it is different MCE upgrade for someone to try.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reply to Rob: Not really.

Before I saw Vickys last post what I did do was ignore the warning on the Dell computer and carry on installing it. It does produce a remote but it is the standard MCE 4:15 as used on the Windows Media Centre at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9773 And as far as I know the user has already tried that ?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Before I saw Vickys last post what I did do was ignore the warning on the Dell computer and carry on installing it. It does produce a remote but it is the standard MCE 4:15 as used on the Windows Media Centre at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9773 And as far as I know the user has already tried that ?

The one I pulled down, used an MCE 4:52, so it is different, and it was really hard to find! That site you pointed me to, is actualy easier to use than the actual harmony account site. The harmony search is really difficult for me. It gives me even more respect for what you do for the sling community. Its just so too bad that so many of the sling users don't leave feedback. It also helped me understand why you want to only add "proven" remotes!!!!
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Wink
seb_131

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

thanks a lot for the consideration.
the IR receiver is working well with the original remote on both Windows7 and Ubuntu OS (those I have) imediatly without particular action from myself.
Unfortunatly the Dell file doesn't work as well...
I am bored by this device (ans as well it doesn't work very well, I must be close to the receiver). I am currently connecting my old Xbox DVD IR receiver and I will install the Ubuntu driver. Xbox is well working with xbmc and I can load it in my JP1 remote !

Best regards
Seb
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: