JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adding HUMAX HFA100 OTA STB codes to Replaytv. Or better...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steevo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Adding HUMAX HFA100 OTA STB codes to Replaytv. Or better... Reply with quote

I found a few Humax HFA100 OTA STB units.

They are ATSC tuners with composite and RGB output, perfect for feeding OTA to a ReplayTV 5000, I hope. They even have HDMI.

What I haven't been able to find is if the IRBlaster codes for this box already exist in ReplayTV, maybe as something else. As you might know the Channel Master CECB was coded same as an old Pioneer box so that supposedly just worked. Or mostly.

Alternately, I found some codes on the JP1 lookup tool, but it's hard to say if they are for this or not. No model is listed.

Quote:
Brand search
Brand: Humax
Remote: SBPASBP0 Replay-5000
Device Offset: None
EFC Digits: 3 Processor: EEPROM S3C80 Interface: JP1
Access Method Subtype Type Code Protocol Dev1 Dev2 Dev3 Dev4 Pid Fixed ALT Efc's
n/a DVD, DVR Video 0646 RC-6 (version 2) 48 0058 95 30 5A 55 n/a EFCs 35
n/a DVD/VCR, DVR, PVR, VCR Video 0739 TiVo (1-Byte) 133 48 0 0111 5E F3 F0 n/a EFCs 28
n/a DVD, DVD/PVR Video 1500 TiVo (1-Byte) 133 48 0 0111 5E F3 F0 n/a EFCs 2
n/a DVD, DVD/PVR, DVR, DVR-R Video 1588 TiVo (1-Byte) 133 48 0 0111 5E F3 F0 n/a EFCs 4
n/a VCR Video 1711 NEC1 2 23 005A 20 BF 17 n/a EFCs 2
n/a VCR Video 1735 NEC1 3 23 005A 20 3F 17 n/a EFCs 2
n/a VCR Video 1794 NEC1 0 49 005A 20 FF 73 n/a EFCs 2
n/a VCR Video 1804 NEC1 0 48 005A 20 FF F3 n/a EFCs 2
n/a VCR Video 1853 NEC1 0 23 005A 20 FF 17 n/a EFCs 2
n/a VCR Video 2004 NEC1 0 16 005A 20 FF F7 n/a EFCs 3

So first off, can any of you IR code experts say that the Humax is the same as something else?

Alternatively I will have to see about making a .rid file and installing it.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have an upgrade for the Humax HFA100.

It is NEC1 0.48 which is the device/subdevice sent by Video 1804. But the functions don't match, and I doubt this is available in a Replay unit anyway.

So making a rid file from the above upgrade is probably the way to go.
Steevo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An upgrade, I assume for a JP! remote.

But since that is not on the RTV you are saying I can make a .rid file with that data and put it in the RTV. OK.

I have been aware of JP1 since it's inception, but I haven't ever played with it. Glad you guys have the data.

Thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are saying that you can use the data from the JP1 upgrade to create a rid file using RidGen and then you can load that into your R5k. Have you ever done any of that before, do u need help?

As for loading RIDs into an R5k, supposedly you can do it without pulling the drive using WiRNS but I was never able to get it to work that way. If you are able to pull the drive, it's very easy to load a code that way.
Steevo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never done it before. So sure, I could use as much help as there is.

I read a couple of threads, but one was 15 pages going back 9 years. It's hard to go back that far.

Henry mentioned it was easy with Wirns, so I guess I'll try that.
On second reading, Henry said it wasn't easy with WIRNS.
So I dunno.

I have a 4K to do to, is that the same procedure?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I've created a RID file for you here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11260

I've included a copy of extract_rtv and a bat file in there to make it really easy to install, if you have your R5k drive attached to your PC.

I don't know much about the R4k series and I've never owned one myself. I know they use RID files, so the file should work for you, but I don't know if the extract_rtv procedure is any different. Henry should be able to advise you with that.
Steevo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

I've included a copy of extract_rtv and a bat file in there to make it really easy to install, if you have your R5k drive attached to your PC.

I don't know much about the R4k series and I've never owned one myself. I know they use RID files, so the file should work for you, but I don't know if the extract_rtv procedure is any different. Henry should be able to advise you with that.

Wow! I never expected anything like that. Thanks!
I'll probably just prep a replacement drive for one of the new 40 GB units I have. I think I have some 320 GB drives.

BTW, what is the 0237 code that you replaced, on the off chance I might need it (unlikely, but it sounds familiar). The rioaudio site is down which has that list on it. I had the manual archived somewhere but I can't lay my hands on it at the moment.
Oh, I found it. Pace box of some kind.

I see what the batch file is doing so no problem changing the name and numbers to another one, if that's all that's necessary.

One thing I did find.

http://www.replaytvupgrade.com/add_ir_codes.html

Mikeyboy's site listed some stuf from flipflop to add

2000 all pansats
2001 all viewsats V1
2002 all viewsats V2
2003 all dreambox
2004 all coolsats
2005 Accurian
2006 3500S
2007 DirecTV D10
2008 LG LST-3xxx
2009 PanSat2500
2010 Sylvania SRZ3000
2011 USDTV Receiver
2012 Viewsat

to 5000 boxes with the bootable CD method.
It references this
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=17245&package_id=13712

Which link doesn't seem to work at this time.
It redirects to
http://sourceforge.net/projects/rtvpatch/files/OldFiles/
Which has none of those files anymore.

I have a Sonicview SV360 Elite that I haven't ever tried, but I guess if I were adding this it would make sense to see about adding all this stuff while I am at it.

That post doesn't mention Sonicview.
And I don't see the .rid files he is adding. I'm looking.
I think those files were removed from sourceforge.

BTW, I do have a few USDTV receivers, I bought those some time ago for this very purpose. I haven't played with them either. That post adds those, so if possible it would be helpful to add those at the same time. But the Humax units are likely better, having actual HDMI and all.
Steevo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crossposted from planetreplay

I found the linux boot disk here, someone pointed me to it.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rtvpatch/files/RTVPatch/linux-cd-image/

I looked at that file and there is a command file called shellcmds

It says
Quote:
AppShell ToggleClock
cp -f /name/storage/Photo/install/ircodes /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irbdata/ircodes
cp -f /name/storage/Photo/install/ircodesRaw /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irbdata/ircodesRaw
cp -f /name/storage/Photo/install/S2000fi.rid /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irCodeset/S2000fi.rid
cp -f /name/storage/Photo/install/S2001fi.rid /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irCodeset/S2001fi.rid
cp -f /name/storage/Photo/install/S2002fi.rid /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irCodeset/S2002fi.rid
cp -f /name/storage/Photo/install/S2003fi.rid /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irCodeset/S2003fi.rid
cp -f /name/storage/Photo/install/S2004fi.rid /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irCodeset/S2004fi.rid
cp -f /name/storage/Photo/install/C2005fi.rid /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irCodeset/C2005fi.rid
cp -f /name/storage/Photo/install/C2006fi.rid /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irCodeset/C2006fi.rid
cp -f /name/storage/Photo/install/C2007fi.rid /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irCodeset/C2007fi.rid
cp -f /name/storage/Photo/install/C2008fi.rid /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irCodeset/C2008fi.rid
cp -f /name/storage/Photo/install/S2009fi.rid /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irCodeset/S2009fi.rid
cp -f /name/storage/Photo/install/C2010fi.rid /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irCodeset/C2010fi.rid
cp -f /name/storage/Photo/install/C2011fi.rid /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irCodeset/C2011fi.rid
cp -f /name/storage/Photo/install/C2012fi.rid /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irCodeset/C2012fi.rid
AppShell ToggleCpuMeter

So it seems I can add the one additional Humax codes to that.
I'd need to add the .rid file Rob provided, and increment the number by one, to be:

cp -f /name/storage/Photo/install/C2013fi.rid /name/system/user/mirror/sys-setup-gaea/data/irCodeset/C2013fi.rid

Naturally I'd need to name the .rid appropriately. Is there anything else I would need to do in this scenario? Or is there something I don't know (likely)

There are two other seemingly binary files, ircodes and ircodesRAW
I don't know what to do with those if anything.

Can anyone help?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding new codes is more complicated than simply replacing an unused code, which is why I went that route (when I had to add my Comcast DTA box). I would suggest that you start a thread seeking help at Planet Replay (and post a link to it here) so Henry can walk you through it.

We mainly deal with the IR codes themselves over here.
Steevo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now that I have a working JP1 cable and am in too deep. Heh.

I have an RCA RCU810 JP1 remote. I have many more but this one is laying here. I do have to solder some pins in there, no problem.

I have the Humax file that was posted.
I opened remotemaster
I selected RCU810 remote, clicked open and opened the Humax file.
I got a message "The upgrade file you are loading is for the remote URC-6131 Extender 1" and there is no remote with that exact name.
Well, no kidding and I don't have one anyway.
Naturally I have no idea.

What should I do?

Can I add the Humax to the old RCU810 (I think I've had it 20 years) and use that with the Humax OTA box?

Or is there a better way to proceed? I probably have 50 JP1 remotes here. Heh.

I been hacking a long time.
Steevo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Wirns vs RNS to install remote codes. Reply with quote

Can I use this method with WIRNS

http://webpages.charter.net/mamvc/main.htm

to install the FTA remote codes on my RTV 5000 described here ?

Instead of the linux boot disk RNS method in that site? It seems simpler.

I've been thinking of doing this for a few years but I haven't needed to yet. I am gonna start in again.
Steevo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Add RID codes. Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

Rob,
I have a couple more drives that I have prepped for RTV 5K units.

How can I add Sonicview, and maybe Dreamlink and Linkbox using this method, or with the drive connected to an XP computer? I still need the HUMAX.

I have several drives to do.
Steevo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Adding RID files Reply with quote

A search of the forums here shows no hits for Sonicview, Dreamlink or Linkbox, but I had thought the Sonicview was put in the RNS method bootdisk posted here"

and
http://sourceforge.net/projects/rtvpatch/files/RTVPatch/

But on second look it seems sonicview is not included in that boot disk method.

Do we have a RID file for Sonicview, and can the method above be used to add that to a couple of RTV 5K units?

I wouldn't mind adding the USDTV and HUMAX codes at that time, I have several of those in my garage. Not that I have played with them.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the File Search link at the top of the page to search for upgrade files for your devices. I see Sonicview and Dreamlink files, but nothing for the Linkbox.
Steevo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Use the File Search link at the top of the page to search for upgrade files for your devices. I see Sonicview and Dreamlink files, but nothing for the Linkbox.

I saw those, an .rmdu file for dreamlink, and xls file for sonicview.
I'm not exactly sure what to do with those. Not the same as the stuff you cooked for the Humax.
I have to read some more. Clearly it's all possible, since Rob was able to do it in almost no time, apparently.

I wonder if linkbox is same as something else? If anyone knows it'd be the experts here.
It's no matter in any case, I was only thinking of getting one. If it's too hard to support, not worth the engineering.

I have sonicview now that I want to support as well as the Humax I mentioned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> ReplayTV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: