JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Greater duration of power function in a macro?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: long power toggle Reply with quote

vickyg2003

Hi

You kindly posted an upgrade just for a prolonged power toggle, which works very well in a macro

ref. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14100

In fact with 8 repeats it might be longer than is needed.

Would it be a lot of trouble to do a couple more, perhaps with 3 or 4 repeats instead of 8, or is it too complicated to tell me what I could do myself to modify your original?

Thank you

Chris
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We started at 3 repeats, that is where it wouldn't work, so you need at least 4 repeats for the key to be recognized.

Changing the # of repeats isn't that hard, once we know that the protocol works and sends out the right signal.

The second to the last line of the assembly listing is where I set the repeat count to 8. In PB it looks like this
Code:
E6 0D 08      LD   R0D,#08h

In the dissassembler in RMIR I think Rpts is used in place of R0D

Probably the easiest way to do this is to click on the 01FF protocol next to your device upgrade
click on Import Protocol Upgrade
Copy the Upgrade Protocol from this post everything from Upgrade through End
Paste in the upgrade
Change the number of repeats which is seen in the last line of upgrade code
20 11 E6 0D 08 8D 01 46
Click OK
Click OK

Code:
Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 FF (S3C8+) PB v4.01
 45 91 32 8B 12 8F 45 08 08 00 DA 00 C6 00 DA 02
 7B 90 C9 06 D0 03 54 E4 05 08 B4 06 08 B4 07 08
 20 11 E6 0D 08 8D 01 46
End

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
...Probably the easiest way to do this is to click on the 01FF protocol next to your device upgrade...
That is the bit I could not follow
Quote:
...click on Import Protocol Upgrade
Copy the Upgrade Protocol from this post everything from Upgrade through End...
nor could I copy that text.

so
From the setup tab shown on opening the Upgrade, I clicked 'Output' tab
and
then, in the heading of the lower panel
which was called 'Upgrade Protocol Code ***REQUIRED*** (40 bytes)'
(containing the same text as in the 'code quote' in your message)
clicked the button 'Copy to Clipboard'.

In the 'Setup' tab again, selected 'Advanced' tab > 'Edit Protocol',
Clicked button 'Import Protocol Upgrade'
and pasted the clipboard into the empty panel, changed the Bold 8 to a 4, clicked Ok, Ok

And found the modified text had replaced that in the lower panel shown in the Output tab of setup, so it looked good and I saved the modified? upgrade.
- unfortunateyl the text remained the same (no 4 instead of 8 before '8D' when I reloaded the upgrade....

Would you kindly rephrase your instructions so I can try again tomorrow?
- it's getting very late/early this side of the pond Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you doing this using RMIR or IR? If you have IR installed, or are willing to install it, it might be easier that way.
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's RMIR but on second thoughts I think it was no good changing the 8 to 4 on the RMIR screen after pasting back from the clipboard Idea

I will try again tomorrow and come back then, after changing the text somewhere else - I am going to paste the mod instead of relying on an on screen editor that is probably is not present!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Are you doing this using RMIR or IR? If you have IR installed, or are willing to install it, it might be easier that way.

Ditto that. RMIR is overly complicated to down right hostile when it comes to making changes to protocols.
I've made KM sheets with 4, 5, 6 and 7 repeats and zipped with the orignial power hold
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11074

I couldn't test my instructions because I'm on a new computer and none of my current bench remotes will not download RMIR until I do factory resets.

I think you can try these with this method.

*Delete existing device
    *Save file
    *EXIT all instances of RMIR and RM (rmir retains unused protocols and will not allow changes in the protocol, it fights with new versions)
    *Restart RMIR
    *Add the upgrade and keymove
    *test
    *if it works save it

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is done more easily with an alternate set of instructions.

I assume that Chris already has the RMIR file that he used to upload Vicky's original executor with 8 repeats. Load this RMIR file.
On the Devices tab, click on the 01FF PID next to your upgrade. The Manual Settings window opens.
At the top left, double click next to S3C80, in the field beginning 45 91 32 8B 12 8F 45 08 08 00 DA 00. It will expand to show the entire protocol code
Edit the 08 near the end, so that 0D 08 8D 01 46 is changed to 0D 06 8D 01 46, or some other number of repeats.
Click on the S3C80 to un-expand the protocol code.
Optionally check the (lower left) Protocol Data tab for entry "Count" to ensure that it is set to the new repeat count.
Click OK, save the new RMIR file, and upload.
tranx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both - I managed it with 3FG's instructions using the 'Expand' button in the Protocol Data tab, to check the entry "Count" as in:
Quote:
...Optionally check the (lower left) Protocol Data tab for entry "Count" to ensure that it is set to the new repeat count.

Using Count = 4, the Vicky's Hold function still works in a macro.

- so I tried using the original Tv Power function again in the macro, instead of Vicky's Hold with 4 repeats, and lo - that works too! but not always...

The conclusion to all this is: for Panasonic G20 plasma to go to standby using a macro, the original remote's Power function in a macro is not so reliable as replacing the Power function with a keymove from Vicky's Hold device (4 repeats)

Thanks for the hand-holding and for extending the narrow cone of light Smile
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:
...Probably the easiest way to do this is to click on the 01FF protocol next to your device upgrade...
That is the bit I could not follow
Quote:
...click on Import Protocol Upgrade
Copy the Upgrade Protocol from this post everything from Upgrade through End...
nor could I copy that text.

so
From the setup tab shown on opening the Upgrade, I clicked 'Output' tab
and
then, in the heading of the lower panel
which was called 'Upgrade Protocol Code ***REQUIRED*** (40 bytes)'
(containing the same text as in the 'code quote' in your message)
clicked the button 'Copy to Clipboard'.

In the 'Setup' tab again, selected 'Advanced' tab > 'Edit Protocol',
Clicked button 'Import Protocol Upgrade'
and pasted the clipboard into the empty panel, changed the Bold 8 to a 4, clicked Ok, Ok
[/quotee]
And that is where we went wrong.

I have been sitting here trying and trying to get my procedure to fail, but it wouldn't. So I came back and read what you had written.

I had wanted you to go to the Devices Tab

Quote:
click on the 01FF protocol next to your device upgrade
Paste in the upgrade

Quote:

Would you kindly rephrase your instructions so I can try again tomorrow?
- it's getting very late/early this side of the pond Smile

So I should have said navigate to the Devices Tab.

I didn't know about 3FG's Expand method. Maybe I should copy that down for my next victim.

There is also the whole disassemble, reassemble procedure which requires a few more instructions, but is the way you are supposed to do this. Works okay if you are doing the coding though.

I was really shocked when I opened the KM sheet in RM and found that the upgrade had lost the power function code. Normally I check that on a big upgrade, but with the one key only, I was lax. I'm glad you figured that out on your own.
tranx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vicky

Yes I had the Hold upgrade in RMIR to call upon and, as I said, it worked so well it was in my updated images too. All good stuff and thank you for the help.

Regards
Chris
tranx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Skipping functions & Power at startup cured again Reply with quote

Power were not working and skipping Up/Down functions in macros for G20 Tv, and more or less so with different JP1 remotes, but Vicky's Macro Friendly G20 protocol can solve both problems

e.g. Insignia 67100 http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11355
lfuzes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: repeat discrete power on on urc7962 Reply with quote

Hi vicky,

I'm wondering if you could help me out creating something similar.
I've an a URC7962 remote with MAXQ612 processor. I was able to find discrete power on EFC code for my Panasonic TV. It is working when holding down the button, but not in macro even sending multiple times from the macro.
Unfortunatelly I couldn't create a modified protocol to repeat the button multiple times in RMIR. I've tried to modify an existing protocol and set the hold count, but I couldn't save it. For MAXQ610 processor all the buttons are inactive.

Thanks in advance.
lfuzes

vickyg2003 wrote:
We started at 3 repeats, that is where it wouldn't work, so you need at least 4 repeats for the key to be recognized.

Changing the # of repeats isn't that hard, once we know that the protocol works and sends out the right signal.

The second to the last line of the assembly listing is where I set the repeat count to 8. In PB it looks like this
Code:
E6 0D 08      LD   R0D,#08h

In the dissassembler in RMIR I think Rpts is used in place of R0D

Probably the easiest way to do this is to click on the 01FF protocol next to your device upgrade
Paste in the upgrade
Change the number of repeats which is seen in the last line of upgrade code
20 11 E6 0D 08 8D 01 46
Click OK
Click OK

Code:
Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 FF (S3C8+) PB v4.01
 45 91 32 8B 12 8F 45 08 08 00 DA 00 C6 00 DA 02
 7B 90 C9 06 D0 03 54 E4 05 08 B4 06 08 B4 07 08
 20 11 E6 0D 08 8D 01 46
End
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume that you'll want to have two Panasonic upgrades--one with the normal Panasonic executor, and another with a custom executor which repeats. This second upgrade would only have one assigned button: Power. One way to make the second upgrade is to Click New on the Devices tab, and choose the Panasonic protocol. Enter device 128 and click OK. On the devices tab you should have an upgrade with PID 00 C9* Custom Panasonic. Double Click one of those fields and the Manual Settings window should open.

At the top left, double click next to MAXQ610, in the field beginning 34 6D 51. It will expand to show the entire protocol code, which should look like:
Code:

34 6D 51 0E 10 00 10 00 10 00 30 00 AA 0A 80 00 40 00 00 80 08 07 D6 D3 D4 07 D6 D6 D5 42 54 06 71 72 73 74 75 76

Edit 42 54 06 71 to be instead 43 54 61 08 71
The byte 08 will be the minimum number of repeats.
It should look like
Code:
34 6D 51 0E 10 00 10 00 10 00 30 00 AA 0A 80 00 40 00 00 80 08 07 D6 D3 D4 07 D6 D6 D5 43 54 06 08 71 72 73 74 75 76

Click on the MAXQ610 to un-expand the protocol code. Make sure that on the functions tab you include OBC 61 for Power toggle (or whatever function(s) you want, assign them to buttons, and click OK.
Save the new RMIR file, and upload.
lfuzes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help! It is working perfectly Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: