JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need Discrete Input codes for Sceptre TV X425BV-FHD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Need Discrete Input codes for Sceptre TV X425BV-FHD Reply with quote

I am in need of the discrete input codes (Pronto Hex) for a Sceptre TV X425BV-FHD
I mostly want the HDMI 1-4 but all would be nice
So far I have found HDMI 1,2 and AV but I can't seem to find anymore

The TV seems to use the Sony remote code standard
I tried the Sony discrete code section (Remote Central) and I found the following codes to work for

Code:

HDMI 1

0000 0067 0000 000d 0060 0019 0018 0018 0018 0019 0018 0019 0030 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0030 0018 0030 0018 0018 0019 0018 0018 0018 0019 0018 0423

HDMI 2

0000 0067 0000 000d 0060 0019 0030 0018 0018 0019 0018 0018 0030 0018 0018 0019 0018 0019 0030 0018 0030 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 040b

and AV

0000 0067 0000 000d 0061 0018 0030 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0030 0018 0030 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0018 0422

Thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These three functions all use Sony12 device code 1:

OBC / Function
72 HDMI 1
73 HDMI 2
65 AV

Looking at the Sony section here at hifi-remote.com, I see the following codes that might be worth giving a try:

Device code 1:

OBC / Function
64 Video 1 (discrete), Line A, Line, Video
65 Video 2 (discrete), Line B, Option
66 Video 3 (discrete), VTR
67 RGB Input 1 (discrete), Computer (RGB) input (discrete), Video 1 (SCART) RGB (discrete)
68 RGB Input 2 (discrete)
69 RGB Input 3 (discrete)
70 RGB Input 4 (discrete)
71 Video 4 (discrete)
72 Video 5 (discrete), YUV
73 Video 6 (discrete), FM

Device code 164:

OBC / Function
22 Video 1/2/3
54 HD1 input, Component 1, LCD Video 3 (discrete)
55 HD2 input, Component 2, LCD Video 4 (discrete)
56 HD3 input (discrete)

Device code 26:

OBC / Function
90 - HDMI 1
91 - HDMI 2
92 - HDMI 3
93 - HDMI 4
94 - HDMI 5
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems the device only responds to the Sony 12 Device 1
So I have found all but HDMI 4 (I only use one HDMI anyway but I wanted all for my remote)

The remote codes for this TV are all mislabeled ,Except the standard functions which are labeled correctly

I finally got OBC 75 for HDMI 3

I will post an upgrade file for this television latter today or sometime tomorrow (With the extended function that are not on the remote)

Thanks all
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My JP1 remote died so I can't do an upgrade file sorry
That is unless there is a tool to convert pronto hex to an OBC code
I have the original remote and a MCE remote receiver that I can use to display pronto Hex codes and then using an IR blaster to test them
so if that tool exists I will do an upgrade file
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

110220Volts wrote:
That is, unless there is a tool to convert pronto hex to an OBC code

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8067
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

110220Volts wrote:
That is unless there is a tool to convert pronto hex to an OBC code

IR has the ability to accept pronto hex as a learn and IRScope have the ability to import Pronto hex. Both will give you the decode.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the forth and most recent program that can do the decode is IrMaster. Like this:

I fired up all four of the programs, and came to the conclusion that IrMaster was by far the easiest and most "pleasant" to use (possibly a bit overloaded if only a decode is desired) -- but of course, as its author, I am biased Wink

All the four programs use the same engine, namely DecodeIR by John Fine and others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, I forgot about IRMaster. The reason I recommended IRScope or IR over IRTool is that they both allow you to build a list. That's important for me, because I have a limited attention span, and I tend to transpose numbers, so I always must check my work. Having a list improves my odds.

Does IRMaster build a list?
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UI of IRTool is a catastrophe. It opens popup windows, the only thing you can do with them is to write their content to a piece of paper (on paper or a file), and then click it away. (Or making a window/screen dump.) Not even the clipboard is supported...

IrMaster writes all the outputs into the console window (the lower part). You can make multiple decodes; they are output to the console. Its content can be save to a text file (File -> Save console text as...) or, in part or as a whole, stuffed into the clipboard. So I guess that answers your question with a "yes".

Slightly different subject: RMIR is considered weak on learned signals in comparison to IR. What exactly is RMIR missing?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
The UI of IRTool is a catastrophe. It opens popup windows, the only thing you can do with them is to write their content to a piece of paper (on paper or a file), and then click it away. (Or making a window/screen dump.) Not even the clipboard is supported...

IRTool was great, when that was all there was, but all the new stuff is far superior. IRTool used to intimidate me, because for the first 3 years I tried it, I never got the popup window, just all those cryptic numbers. This was user error of course. Didn't know I had to have decodeIR in the same folder. Embarassed Even after I got it working, writing the numbers down was always a problem for me.

Quote:

IrMaster writes all the outputs into the console window (the lower part). You can make multiple decodes; they are output to the console. Its content can be save to a text file (File -> Save console text as...) or, in part or as a whole, stuffed into the clipboard. So I guess that answers your question with a "yes".

Good to know

Quote:

Slightly different subject: RMIR is considered weak on learned signals in comparison to IR. What exactly is RMIR missing?

Gee, where to start. I guess the first thing, for me at least is that I like to see "Force Learn Timings". That's a menu option on the Advanced menu. Even if a signal decodes, I want to see all the timing data and signal structure. It really helped me, in my protocol studies. And its very helpful in diagnosing problems, if the learns work, but the upgrade doesn't.

The second thing I like is the code summary that IR will produce. The code summary, lets me see all the decodes in a list, great for copying and pasting, without having to retype anything. Again, I transpose numbers, so anything I can do with copy and paste is great as far as I am concerned, even if it does mean dumping them into an interim spreadsheet.

Then you get into the whole un-decoded signal things. This is a little over my head, because I can't do the by hand decodes because of the transposing of numbers. IR produces a timing summary text file that is very useful in analyzing signals. Rob uses these files to dump into spreadsheets to determine a patern. IR also has a rounding of timings and a bi-phase thingy that I don't know how to use.

Many of these features are only available, if the Force Learn Timings option is checked on the Advanced menu. Very, very helpful. Even the IRP form is more helpful in IR than anywhere else. On a simple signal the IRPform is printed in list, which is perfect because everything is right there to be seen.

IR is much, much friendlier when it comes to learns.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx very much for that list Vicky. That might come in handy when we develop something new ... Cool

There is a sort-of listing facility for learns in RMIR, does it work?

Cut-n-paste is of course not the final solution. Wink
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:

Agreed, but you do know the reason for that right? IRTool was originally developed just for Pronto users, the ability for it to use DecodeIR to produce JP1 style decodes was patched in later and the pop-up window was the best that the new author could do. This was long before IRMaster and before Graham added the ability to include Pronto hex in IR.exe

Barf wrote:

I think in this case, if Volts has a lot of signals to decode, IR.exe would probably be the best tool to use because, like Vicky said, it lets you enter multiple codes and then you can get a nice clean list of the decode results by using the Code Summary button. I only suggested IRTool over all the other options because I thought it would be the easiest to get up and running quickly. I've had a few stabs at using IRMaster but have yet to get the hang of it.

Barf wrote:

Vicky listed a lot of the reasons but, for me, the biggest reason is the rounding feature. Learned signals typically have lots of small meaningless variations in the times shown, so you might see +499 -1500 +501 -1499 +502 -1498, etc, etc which makes converting them to binary very tedious. So, in this case, I would enter "Round To 500" and they would appear as +500 -1500 +500 -1500, etc. Furthermore, if the signal is bi-phase, you can select EVEN or ODD to make the decode break double times into two single times and it puts semi-colons between the pairs, so something like this: +500 -1000 +1000 -500 would be displayed as +500 -500; -500 +500; +500 -500. The ODD/EVEN thing tells the decoder where to start. The simplest way to explain it is, try each option and if you see invalid pairs (ie, +500 +500 or -500 -500) then you've probably picked the wrong one (the exception being RC6 where we expect a couple of these at the beginning of a signal).

Once you've entered the best round-to time and optionally selected the correct bi-phase setting, next you would click the Times Summary button where you would get all of the rounded timing data at once. My next move is to cut & paste this data to Notepad where I convert it to binary, then I would cut & paste the results to Excel to convert the binary to decimal.

I've tried explaining this before in the hopes of getting IRScope and/or RMIR modified to do something similar to no avail, so now if someone posts an ICT file for me to decode, I run it through a spreadsheet that converts it to an IR file and do my work in IR.exe
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
There is a sort-of listing facility for learns in RMIR, does it work?

Cut-n-paste is of course not the final solution. Wink

Actually I didn't realize I could cut and paste from that page in RMIR, nor did I realize that the columns could be rearranged. Good to know, you learn something new everyday.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Barf wrote:

Agreed, but you do know the reason for that right? IRTool was originally developed just for Pronto users, the ability for it to use DecodeIR to produce JP1 style decodes was patched in later and the pop-up window was the best that the new author could do. This was long before IRMaster and before Graham added the ability to include Pronto hex in IR.exe

Well, I am not suggesting tarring and feathering of the author(s), just suggesting that we stay away (both as users and as programmers) from that programming idiom. Which I sincerely hate...

The Robman wrote:

Barf wrote:

I think in this case, if Volts has a lot of signals to decode, IR.exe would probably be the best tool to use because, like Vicky said, it lets you enter multiple codes and then you can get a nice clean list of the decode results by using the Code Summary button. I only suggested IRTool over all the other options because I thought it would be the easiest to get up and running quickly. I've had a few stabs at using IRMaster but have yet to get the hang of it.
Just for the record: If you import a multi-signal ICT into IrMaster, it will also produce multiple decodes. For the moment, it stops after 10, which is a silly limitation (will be removed in the next version) since I did not really consider the use case. And the willingness of the forum to help authors improving their program by providing useful feedback was not there this time.

The Robman wrote:

Barf wrote:

Vicky listed a lot of the reasons but, for me, the biggest reason is the rounding feature. Learned signals typically have lots of small meaningless variations in the times shown, so you might see +499 -1500 +501 -1499 +502 -1498, etc, etc which makes converting them to binary very tedious. So, in this case, I would enter "Round To 500" and they would appear as +500 -1500 +500 -1500, etc. Furthermore, if the signal is bi-phase, you can select EVEN or ODD to make the decode break double times into two single times and it puts semi-colons between the pairs, so something like this: +500 -1000 +1000 -500 would be displayed as +500 -500; -500 +500; +500 -500. The ODD/EVEN thing tells the decoder where to start. The simplest way to explain it is, try each option and if you see invalid pairs (ie, +500 +500 or -500 -500) then you've probably picked the wrong one (the exception being RC6 where we expect a couple of these at the beginning of a signal).

Once you've entered the best round-to time and optionally selected the correct bi-phase setting, next you would click the Times Summary button where you would get all of the rounded timing data at once. My next move is to cut & paste this data to Notepad where I convert it to binary, then I would cut & paste the results to Excel to convert the binary to decimal.

I've tried explaining this before in the hopes of getting IRScope and/or RMIR modified to do something similar to no avail, so now if someone posts an ICT file for me to decode, I run it through a spreadsheet that converts it to an IR file and do my work in IR.exe

Then thanx for telling it yet another time. I am listening. It may come in useful in the future... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: