JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tivo Premiere

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dannyo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Tivo Premiere Reply with quote

I'm using the extended remote "RCA RCRP05B black extender v1.05" and have it working well with the TV on antenna. Now I'm adding a TiVo as input to the TV instead of the antenna and the Tivo is not responding.

The upgrade is "Premiere XL Elite and Series 3" by eferz.
When you open this file by itself, the remote is indicated as Insignia Remote 67100. When opened in my extended RMIR it picks up as the RCRP05B .
Is this upgrade applicable to the RCRP05B? Do all upgrades apply to any remote?
TV Sony Sony KDS-60A3000 (over the air)
Receiver Onkyo HT-R670 (part of HT-S6200 Theater sys)
CD player Sony CDP-C325

My Software:
RemoteMaster v2.04 build 14
RDF's as of 2011-01-14
Images and Maps Version 1.32 as of 2010-12-30
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Do Upgrades Apply to All Remotes? Reply with quote

dannyo wrote:
I'm using the
Is this upgrade applicable to the RCRP05B? Do all upgrades apply to any remote?
as long as RM or KM allowed you to select the RCA it is compatible with your remote. 99% of the upgrades you find here can be converted to the RCA since it is a member of the most widely used processor family.
Did you remember to assign it to a device button?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
dannyo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg
Yes. It was assigned using the General tab and typing in the device code 1111 that came with the upgrade for the DVR button. I then tried reassigning the code to 2011 using the Device tab and changing the device code to 2011 on the general tab. None of the buttons seem to work either way.

The TV button has the macro: Dev_TV;DiscreteOn;Phantom6;Dev_AUD;DiscreteOn;Phantom7;Set_Vol;Dev_DVR;Set_Chan;Set_PIP;Set_Menu;Set_Other

The upgrade comes with the device type as PVR. Since PVR is not a choice, I changed the device type to DVD and used DVD as the device type on the general tab.
dannyo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I change the DVR device code to the internal code 0739 using the General Tab, the Tivo seemed to work. I am trying to use eferz upgrade since it seemed to be specifically designed for the Tivo Premiere.
TV Sony Sony KDS-60A3000 (over the air)
Receiver Onkyo HT-R670 (part of HT-S6200 Theater sys)
CD player Sony CDP-C325

My Software:
RemoteMaster v2.04 build 14
RDF's as of 2011-01-14
Images and Maps Version 1.32 as of 2010-12-30
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post your files in the diagnosis area with a link in this thread so we can have a look.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
dannyo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmir and rmdu files are posted:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11086 (rmir)
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11087 (rm)
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I used the lookup tool, I could see that the EFC's were the same for the keys I checked, but the device # was different from the 739 code to the upgrade.

I don't know, does the Tivo have different unit codes to deal with multiple tivos? Or do you think this was just a typo. Change the device from 113 to 133 and you should be good to go.

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Tivo uses different unit codes when you have multiple units in the same location, but the unit code is the 3rd fixed byte, not the first. I've never heard of a Tivo using anything other than device code 133.48. All of the UEI Tivo setup codes use those codes, as do all of the upgrades in the file section, except for that one (and one other). Which leads me to the conclusion that the 113 device code must be a typo.
dannyo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing the code from 113 to 133 worked. Thank you very much. It's amazing the help one gets on this forum. I'm not sure why it failed unless I was first to use it. Should someone upload a correction?
Some keys don't play, like the "live" one. I'm still unsure how the upgrade differs from the internal code and which one to use. Maybe I'll PM eferz to see what he knows.
Now I can get rid of the antenna splitter that goes to the TV and hopefully get better reception.
Thanks again. javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that eferz has a Tivo, he tends to learn stuff from his Harmony in order to create upgrades for people, so my guess is that he simply made a typo. You should be able to compare OBC/EFCs with any of the other Tivo upgrades to get the right codes for any missing buttons.
dannyo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All buttons seem to be there. They just needed to be rearranged a bit. Actually the RCA does well except the TiVo button is "Menu" and the Slow button is the RCA "stop." TiVo has no on/off or stop. It just keeps going and going and ...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are very likely side effects of learning the functions from a Harmony rather than a Tivo remote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: