JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Seiki BluRay Disc Player (BD660)-Protocol in RemoteMaster
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slingboxfan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Seiki BluRay Disc Player (BD660)-Protocol in RemoteMaster Reply with quote

Hi

I am waiting for my IR Widget to arrive such that I may capture/decode the IR of my Seiki BluRay Disc Player (model BD660)'s remote.

Meantime, I am curious to know if the IR Widget's DecodeIR.dll would recognise and list the protocol ID for Seiki BluRay Disc Player (model BD660)'s remote once I have completed the capturing and decoding. The version of DecodeIR.dll I have just downloaded has a modifed date as March 18, 2012.

Appreciate input from anyone who has information on this...

Thanks alot
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if decodeIR can't recognize a signal, we can usually get the slingbox to send it anyway. It is just a lot easier if you are working with a recognized protocol. Then you don't have to have special assistance from someone with assembly programming skills.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Slingboxfan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Seiki BluRay Disc Player (BD660)-Protocol in RemoteMaster Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Even if decodeIR can't recognize a signal, we can usually get the slingbox to send it anyway. It is just a lot easier if you are working with a recognized protocol. Then you don't have to have special assistance from someone with assembly programming skills.

How do you mean by "Even if decodeIR can't recognize a signal, we can usually get the slingbox to send it anyway", could you please elaborate more? I did not quite follow... thanks...
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I can talk about this all day. Laughing An IR signal is a timed pattern of light. IRScope will capture the pattern. If its a standard prototocol, decodeIR will come back with a bunch of numbers that you can plug into Remote Master, to make an upgrade.

If its not regognized, you'll post your ICT files in the diagnosis area, and post a link to it in this Protocol Decodes Section. Then anyone who is interested will download it and get to work. The first thing we need to do is analyze the set of learns, and reduce the light pattern into numbers. Sometimes they are really easy, and even I can do them, but if they are complicated its usually Rob that does the decodes, although 3FG recently broke one for us that we wrestled with for ages. We're always looking for people that have the decoding skill.

Once we have the timing characteristics, and the numerical representation, we write a little assembly language protocol executor that will take the numbers as parameters and send out the signal. Then we give you an RDMU file with the numbers and executor and you create a BIN file for your slingbox. Most stuff that comes our way gets out in a day or two, but sometimes it can be more complicated.

Its more fun than sudoku!
Slingboxfan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Sure, I can talk about this all day. Laughing An IR signal is a timed pattern of light. IRScope will capture the pattern. If its a standard prototocol, decodeIR will come back with a bunch of numbers that you can plug into Remote Master, to make an upgrade.

If its not regognized, you'll post your ICT files in the diagnosis area, and post a link to it in this Protocol Decodes Section. Then anyone who is interested will download it and get to work. The first thing we need to do is analyze the set of learns, and reduce the light pattern into numbers. Sometimes they are really easy, and even I can do them, but if they are complicated its usually Rob that does the decodes, although 3FG recently broke one for us that we wrestled with for ages. We're always looking for people that have the decoding skill.

Once we have the timing characteristics, and the numerical representation, we write a little assembly language protocol executor that will take the numbers as parameters and send out the signal. Then we give you an RDMU file with the numbers and executor and you create a BIN file for your slingbox. Most stuff that comes our way gets out in a day or two, but sometimes it can be more complicated.

Its more fun than sudoku!

Thanks alot for the elaboration...I will keep you as my reference Smile in case I need your kind assistance in the future... cheers
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a try

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11051

And I have included the RMDU file so if ti works you can tweak it.

Al
Slingboxfan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Al

Thank you so so much. This is really awesome. I tested the BIN file for Seiki Blueray DVD player (model BD660) - it all works including the menu, play, stop, pause, fast-forward/rewind, next/previous chapter buttons... All perfect.

You are great!!! You guys are so helpful here... I just love you so much!!! Smile
Slingboxfan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Al

I just read your readme file, and I would like to add that - the power on/off button works as well.

Again - thanks alot for your help on this...really really appreciate it...

You're cool and awesome!!

Cheers
yjk5561

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject: Seiki Blu-Ray Disc Player SR4KP1 Reply with quote

The RMDU file for Seiki BluRay Disc Player works fine for my old BD660 model but not at all for the newer SR4KP1 model. I changed the device code from 80 to 0 (used in another model Seiki SR212S) but still no luck. Does anyone know the device code for Seiki SR4KP1? Is there any other change besides the device code? Thanks very much.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything Very Happy I fact the only common factor is that they both use the NEC1 protocol (and the numbers and the Rewind button use the same codes)

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13865

Any good ?
yjk5561

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response. Most buttons work except the Power on/standby and ENTER/select buttons. The Hex D5 appears to be for the BookMark button instead of Power on/standby. The Hex AD appears to be for the Right_arrow button instead of ENTER/select. I found out that the Hex 6D is for ENTER/select. I will try some unused Hex codes to see if I can find the missing Power button code.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you find the codes ? Be nice to issue a fully working remote.
yjk5561

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Hex FD is for the missing Power button.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post the final RMDU file then ?
yjk5561

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The updated version is at:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13880
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: