JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

UEI Atlas 1056B03 JP2 !
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dailyglen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I have one of these remotes too. I went to the Rogers store and asked the worker if they sold remotes and he went into the back and gave me one for free!

I can't find the updated RDF for it. Where are they? I don't see them in the other post.

It has pins 5-3-1 on the silkscreen (1 is top-right). The silkscreen is white on medium brown and says JP2 at the top-right. On the back is "1056B03" and above the barcode in the battery compartment it says "URC-10566BA3-XX-001-XXXX-XXX-R" (that extra 6 before the B is not a typo).

Thanks
dailyglen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I found the .rdf and .map files in the file section here. I'm running RMIR 2.02 beta 1.5r.

It works quite well but keymoves don't seem to work. I tried to do a keymove with Setup/9/9/4 but that doesn't work either.

I was able to move keys around with the device upgrade but it doesn't seem available for all devices. I was able to make it work with CBL/1376 or CBL/1877 on the CBL button but can't get the other devices to do upgrades.

If other people have and tips please share.

Thanks
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1056B03 does not support keymoves either via 994 commands or by uploading from a computer. The RDF incorrectly specified that keymoves are allowed, and I have corrected it.

As to the rest of your post, I don't understand what you are trying to do.
dailyglen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the correction with the key moves.

For the rest of my post I'm trying to reassign keys via the "Device Upgrade". If I click on the CBL device in the General tab the Edit Device(?) button becomes active and the window opens where I can define a device upgrade. I assigned different commands to the keys and it works -- effectively a key move.

But the edit device button for device upgrades isn't active for all 6(?) devices. Do you know if this device supports more than 1 device upgrade?

Thanks
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I see:
Start RMIR, File/New/RemoteImage, and select Atlas 201009.
The display has 4 tabs-- General, Macros, Device, and Raw Data. The general tab lists the following in the devijce buttons column:
CBL
TV
DVD
AUD
VCR
dev6
dev41
dev49
To the right of these are columns for Type, Setup Code, and Punchthroughs.
It doesn't matter which if anything is highlighted on the General tab--clicking on the Devices tab provides a New button, and clicking that opens the Device Upgrade editor.

Note that the above list is for button labels. The column just to the right, labeled Type, is where one sets the device type to be associated with a device button. One may also set the type of each upgrade. It defaults to Cable (upper right hand corner of the Device Upgrade editor). Choosing the device type here sets the device type associated with the setup code that you've chosen for your upgrade, and if you enter that setup code on the General tab, the device type will be filled in accordingly.

I'm not sure if there is a limit on the number of upgrades, but it will accept many.
dailyglen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 3FG,

What you suggest works for me. Thanks.

I was referring to the "Edit Device" button on the "General" tab (below the table of the 8 device buttons and above the "General Notes" text box) . I'm guessing that this "Edit Device" button is only active if I have a device upgrade already added. I thought it would create a new upgrade. I uploaded my .rmir file here for you to view. Somehow I have 16 device upgrades on the "Devices" tab. I'm not sure how I got so many of them there.

Thanks for the help as I'm sure I'll be able to create some device upgrades and configure the keys the way I want them.

Do you what keys this remote supports macros on?

Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it!
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dailyglen, you said:
Quote:
I went to the Rogers store and asked the worker if they sold remotes and he went into the back and gave me one for free!
You don't have a location, so I don't know if we are even in the same country. What is a "Rogers store"? I wish I had a store down the street that would hand out free remotes, especially one as nice as this.
dailyglen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

"Rogers" is a big cable TV and internet provider in Canada. At some of their stores they have a service desk where you go to take your used equipment (eg pvr) back (and maybe buy new equipment). I talked to a guy today that said he used to get a lot of free stuff (eg starter pack of cables and remotes) from them and I think they just assume you are a customer or an installer.

The remote has a nice layout but it doesn't support keymoves which makes it pretty limited. I like the layout better than the RCRP05B (as more buttons are close to the thumb) but the RCRP05B's extender makes it much more advanced. But a free remote is great to have!

Thanks.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Edit Device button is activated when the Cable button is highlighted because an upgrade is assigned to the Cable button. All of the other device buttons are assigned a setup code that is built-in to the remote, so there is nothing to edit. I changed the VCR button (which is type TV) to use setup code TV 1595, for which there is a defined upgrade, and the Edit Device button is activated when the VCR button is highlighted.

So I think RMIR is working normally.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dailyglen wrote:
The remote has a nice layout but it doesn't support keymoves which makes it pretty limited.

Help is at hand Very Happy . I hope shortly to issue a means of adding keymove capability to this remote.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now uploaded an extender for the Atlas 1056 B03 that adds keymove and device specific macro (DSM) capabilities to the remote. See this announcement for more details.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: