JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Philips HDT8520 500GB PVR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neildonn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Philips HDT8520 500GB PVR Reply with quote

1. Device: Philips HDT8520
2. Type of device: PVR (Freeview)
3. Year: 2011
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-3940
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes (USB)
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes, SAT/1499
10. Learning remote question? n/a
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes, didn't find anything

The problem I'm having is most of the buttons will work except for the Play, Record, FF, Rewind, Pause and Stop. When viewing a recorded program the only way I can get out of it is to watch the whole lot, or turn the unit off.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried Cable 0099 and 1076? These also shoot RC6 device 39, but have different EFCs for the transport functions. I used the Lookup Tool to get this info.

We previously had found that the URC-3920 (basically the same remote as yours) had no 6 pin header. Did you add a header? And, are you using the 31893189.RDF file, or something else?

Finally, have you tried the 975 command to see if the remote will learn? That would make finding the necessary OBCs simpler. In any case a brute for approach will work and there are only 256 possible codes for RC6 device 39.
neildonn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Have you tried Cable 0099 and 1076? These also shoot RC6 device 39, but have different EFCs for the transport functions. I used the Lookup Tool to get this info.

We previously had found that the URC-3920 (basically the same remote as yours) had no 6 pin header. Did you add a header? And, are you using the 31893189.RDF file, or something else?

Finally, have you tried the 975 command to see if the remote will learn? That would make finding the necessary OBCs simpler. In any case a brute for approach will work and there are only 256 possible codes for RC6 device 39.

Hi 3FG, thank you for a quick reply. I think I have tried the 0099 code but I'll try it again and the 1076. I am using the 31893189.RDF the one for the 3920. It has been modified from a thread for the 3940.

I have not tried the 975 command, if it works and learns I'll let you know. Sadly I cannot get to the machine as the wife is watching TV and if I start messing I'll have no super. Very Happy
neildonn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks, I have tried both codes (0099 and 1076) but still no joy using the Play, Pause, Record, etc... buttons. I also tried the learning process. I noticed after typing in 975 the LED only lights up once but for about 2 seconds. I still tried a button but with no joy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: