JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Toshiba TV 26AV502, wirh URC-7557
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonydix wrote:
Thanks very much could you explain ;-

Quote:
It also helps when you move your equipment to a different viewing area.
Tony

Haha, you are not a JP1-addict yet. I have 8 different viewing areas that I maintain with JP1 remotes. For me, a new piece of equipment like a BluRAy DVD player, starts a musical chairs type of equipment rotation and all my remotes need changing. Its a lot easier to assign functions to buttons with KM or RM than it is to assign them directly in IR or RMIR. That way you have all the functions in one place, even the functions that you don't plan on using. If you use the same model of remote all over its really easy, but if ou use different remotes, its still easier to just change the remote in KM or RM, reassign any functions that were lost due to differences in remotes, and drop the setup into the remote for the new area.

Having KM or RM files for all your equipment stream lines this process tremendously because you have the complete complete list of functions, even those that you don't plan to use and all the buttons. KM and RM were designed for assigning functions to buttons, and it just works better. And you can document the functions you don't plan on assigning.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tony maybe didn't get the right emphasis from your statement, because it could sound like you were suggesting that he would find JP1 easier if he were to move his equipment to a different viewing area.

Whereas what you were really suggesting was, in the event that he did move his equipment to a different viewing area, updating the remote would be easier using upgrades.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: