JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCRP05B Extender - LKP Trouble
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dannyo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I prefer to put in no delay, and push the button twice. That way I don't have to hold the remote during the delay.

We have a Sony TV, and it is setup so that it remembers the input state it had before it was last powered off. It turns out that we nearly always want the same input the next time we watch it. So typically it isn't necessary to push the on button twice.

Good point! I'll try that. This extender thing is very interesting.
dannyo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:

A point of clarification. The extender does an implicit Dev_Cancel at the end of every macro when it passes control back to the underlying remote so the Dev_TV on the end of your LKP is not necessary unless there is something else firing after that (i.e. another macro)

Everything in the extender is a "macro", even a single key press is pushed onto the macro buffer and then executed as if it was a one-key macro. As you push more on to the buffer, the macro gets longer but eventually when the extender winds its way down to the end the Dev_Cancel is executed and control goes back to the part of the remote that waits for you to push another key.

So does that mean keys associated with two devices cannot be differentiated? For example, the same menu key for the TV as well as the DVR. Maybe there aren't many things like this. Have to think, DKP?
TV Sony Sony KDS-60A3000 (over the air)
Receiver Onkyo HT-R670 (part of HT-S6200 Theater sys)
CD player Sony CDP-C325

My Software:
RemoteMaster v2.04 build 14
RDF's as of 2011-01-14
Images and Maps Version 1.32 as of 2010-12-30
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not in the sense of a global macro, it's just how everything internally is played.

But the device control is exactly as you would expect. Macros defined in IR are global, special protocols are "macros" but are device specific.
dailyglen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm also having trouble with LKP. I've installed the extender on a RCRP05B and I've used the Setup Code 1376 for CBL (device default). All the buttons work with the extender enabled (TV/hold OK) and disabled (hold Setup).

Using IR 8.03 or RMIR 2.02beta I add a Special Function for CBL/XShift-Left as: LKP(2): [Short]: Guide [Long]: Menu.

I reflash the remote and enable the extender with TV/hold OK (4 blinks). Then when I press and hold CBL/Left it just emits Left commands repeatedly (no LKP). Both Guide and Menu buttons work as expected if pressed by themselves. I used these values for testing purposes.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong? For a bit of context my end goal is I'm using MythTV and want to have Left and Right skip back/forward and a LKP skip back/forward to next commercial flag. I have A and D programmed to be recognized as A (back commercial) and D (forward commercial) by the computer (Lirc).

Thanks.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be assigned to Left not xshift-left. As written you'd have to press setup twice then hold left to run the macro.
dailyglen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. I have something working but am still a bit confused. I want to setup a short left to be left and a long left to be A[yellow]. That left->left is a recursive definition. To make this non-recursive I did:

KeyMove CBL/Phantom1: CBL/1376 Left

Then under special functions I did:

CBL/Left: LKP(2) [Short]:Phantom1 [Long]:A[yellow]

Even though Phantom1 is CBL/Left this is not recursive so recursion seems to be in terms of remote keys and not their function.

The above seems to emit when the key is released (either short or long). Is there a way to emit the Left as soon as the key is pressed and then if it is pressed long then also emit A[yellow]?

To make a new Left key I was wondering if I should use a device upgrade, DSM, or KeyMove. Are they all equivalent?

Thanks again.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to use shift cloaking for that. So make the short side Shift-Left instead of Phantom1, and Left will execute because shift-left doesn't exist. You can delete your Phantom1 keymove.

I don't follow what you mean by a new left key. You don't need a new left key. But all those are different. DSM isn't global like a regular macro. KeyMove is similar but only a single step. Device upgrade is like a keymove, but is overkill for what you are trying to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: