JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remote for a single-digit channel Sonty TV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBI

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Remote for a single-digit channel Sonty TV Reply with quote

I have a Sony TV that accepts single-digit channel, that is - you press 2, the TV immediately goes to channel 2 (assuming there is no cable/DBS box involved). The original remote has a double-dash button in order to enter a two-digit channel, so if you need channel 23 you would press the double-dash button, then 2-3 and you are all set. Very straight and simple.

Now, my question is - is there some kind of a "one for all" remote that can control this TV (with something like a double-dash button or something similar) and also a Master Power option? So far we've tried 3 different remotes - other Sony's and RS remotes - none of them worked.

Thank you.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any One For All remote will be able to do this. I assume the button you are talking about is labelled "-/--", in which case the advanced code for this function is 207

http://www.hifi-remote.com/cgi-bin2/ueic.cgi?TV_0000
SBI

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that mean the Advanced Code 207 must be programmed to a different button if the "-/--" is not originally there?
SBI

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does this "Advance Code" (207) mean??
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't put half of your question in the Subject line and the remainder in the body of the message. Put the whole question in the body of the message. Most of us don't even look at the subject except on new threads.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The One For All and some RS remotes have the ability to program a three digit "EFC number" to almost any button, so that the single button then transmits the command represented by that EFC number.

Most people here know that and would be asking the harder question of which 3 digit number is used for a specific function. That's the question Rob answered.

For the easier question: Which model remote? or Which button on that remote? It is almost any of the remotes discussed in this forum and you get to choose which button you want it to be from among almost all the buttons on that remote (a few are reserved).
SBI

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! That's what I thought - programming (code) 207 to any available button if the remote does NOT have the "-/--" built in, correct?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

Now SBI, I've just gone through this thread and edited all of your posts. I've moved the part of the question that you typed into the subject line into the main body of the post.

In future, please either leave the subject line blank or limit it's use to, well, subject lines!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: