JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IRScope v2.01 available!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: IRScope v2.01 available! Reply with quote

IRScope 2.01 is now available. This adds many new features to IRScope 2.00:

* The entries in the Decode panel can be re-ordered and deleted and Notes can now be added to them.

* In addition to the Save and Save As functions that save the most recent capture, there are now two new Save operations. These original functions have been renamed on the File menu as Save Last Signal and Save Last Signal As, to give a greater distinction between them and the new entries Save All As and Save Selected As. As their names imply, these save as a single .ict file either the entire set of signals displayed in the Decode panel or any single or multiple selection of them. Notes are saved by the Save All As and Save Selection As operations but not by the Save Last ones.

* Waveform windows that have been closed can be re-opened by double-clicking a Decode entry.

* There is a Summary display that can be saved either as a Rich Text Format (.rtf) file or as plain text (.txt). This includes two forms of timing for each signal, the raw timings as displayed in the waveform window and analyzed timings in which repeats have been identified and timings averaged over supposedly identical bursts.

* An Import facility can import UEI Learned and Pronto formats and also Timing Lists of the form displayed by the Times Summary of the Learned Signals tab of IR.exe or by the new Summary facility of this program. The Pronto import can handle both raw and pre-defined Pronto formats other than format 8000. Imported signals are displayed exactly as if they had been captured with a Widget.

* Any selection of Decode entries can be exported in any of three formats: UEI Learned, Pronto or Lintronic (this latter being a format used by the Beoworld community). The Pronto export is in the raw Pronto format but can be generated, as required, either from the signal data or from its decode. There is a new Export menu and the export format is selected by its Export Mode item. Exports are appended to a file called ExportedUEI.txt, ExportedPronto.txt or ExportedLintronic.txt, as appropriate and the file is created if it does not exist. By default these files are created in the folder containing IRScope.exe but this can be changed with the Set Export Output Folder entry on the File menu.

* There is an analysis feature that attempts to present any selected signal in IRP form. This form is displayed in a new window, IRP Form, below the Signal structure window and also in the new Summary display. The analysis is performed independently of the decode operation, so an IRP form may be determined for signals that cannot be decoded by DecodeIR, or vice versa.

* Because of the greater use of Decode selections, selecting a decode no longer automatically red-lines the corresponding part of the waveform if the waveform window is open. You now need to double-click a decode to get the red-lining, but this now works even if the waveform window has been closed - the window will be re-opened.

* There are three new options on the Advanced menu. If Select on Capture is checked then the decode or decodes resulting from any capture are automatically selected (highlighted), which simplifies the addition of notes for the new capture. If Common Output Folder is checked then exported signals are written to the "Save" folder rather than to the separate "Export Output" folder. The third option addresses the situation where spurious decodes by DecodeIR break a signal inappropriately and so prevent the analysis feature from determining an IRP form. If Disable Decoder is checked then all signals will show in the Decode window as "<unknown>", enabling the analysis to operate on the full unbroken signal.

The export mode "Pronto from decode" makes use of MakeHex.dll, version 0.03 being included in this package. This is John Fine's MakeHex.exe converted to DLL form. You need to have MakeHex.exe installed, or at least have its ".irp" files, to use this export option. The matching of decodes to .irp files is by name, but protocol names are converted by IRScope to the form used in .irp files so that with one exception, I believe that every protocol that has a corresponding .irp file will find that file correctly. The one exception is that russound.irp is the file for the DirecTV protocol, as the name of this protocol has been changed since MakeHex was developed. I suggest renaming russound.irp as DirecTV.irp for conformity with DecodeIR and RemoteMaster. Other import, export and analysis features are provided by a new DLL, ExchangeIR.dll. Version 0.08 is included in the package, as is the latest version, 2.41, of DecodeIR.dll.

The source code of IRScope v2.01 is available here.

Link to the development thread for version 2.01.

Link to the announcement of version 2.00.

Graham

Last edited by mathdon on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
sofakng

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can a regular (parallel port) JP1 remote be used with this?

(ie. can I point a remote at my JP1 remote and have the signal sent to the PC?)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, this program works with a device called a Widget.

To use a remote to capture a signal, first it must be a learning remote, then you would learn the signal in the normal fashion, download using your JP1 cable, then let IR.exe decode the signal for you.
sofakng

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. I ended up ordering the IR Widget and already received it (very fast shipping!). I've only used it for a couple of minutes but it seems EXTREMELY useful.

I think I'll need a bit of time trying to understand all of the information it's showing me though. Smile
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope nobody minds but I updated current IR Scope to version 2.02 which replaces the original DecodeIR.dll version 2.41 with 2.43
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. The title line on the window still reads "IR Scope v2.01" although the version of DecodeIR does say 2.43 as you noted.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for updating the package Earl, but I just reverted the numbering back to v2.01. Just because we've upgraded the package to include a new version of DecodeIR doesn't require a change to the IRScope version number.
jzef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How IR Scope 2.01 calculate {A=$807F10EF} in IRP Form field after open ICT exported from IrScrutinizer generated NEC ADDR=01, CMD=08?

How to reverse calculate 32-bit int 807F10EF to ADDR=01, CMD=08?
ckeays

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jzef wrote:
How to reverse calculate 32-bit int 807F10EF to ADDR=01, CMD=08?

The bits are received LSB first and MSB last.

(LSB first) 0x80 = 10000000 is converted to (MSB first) 0x01 = 00000001
and
(LSB first) 0x10 = 00010000 is converted to (MSB first) 0x08 = 00001000

The 0x7F and 0xEF bytes are the inverse of 0x80 and 0x10 respectively.

I hope that answers your question.
jzef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thx.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: