JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EFC codes don't work across remotes?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

landolfi wrote:
I am and was impressed with how thoroughly you both know this complex subject. I don't pretend to understand the particulars, but I think maybe the controversy centers on root cause? What worked was modifying protocols.ini as you said. I am still puzzled why this works with protocol variant 2 on the 8811.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Though, admittedly, I do not know nearly as much as Vicky. The only reason why I had a quick answer for you was because of my earlier involvement in the other thread with the same upgrade.

I am also puzzled why it works on the 8811. Perhaps you can upload a copy of its RMIR for analysis. It is possible someone can take a look and determine the difference.
landolfi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I added it here. I had to use MIX2 to get it to use variant 2 because of the fix I made to the protocols.ini file.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

landolfi wrote:
OK, I added it here. I had to use MIX2 to get it to use variant 2 because of the fix I made to the protocols.ini file.

It looks like mathdon has resolved this issue with RM/RMIR v2.02 Beta 1.5r. The new version allows you to revert your protocol.ini file to its original sequence and syntax, and no longer needs manipulation to work appropriately.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: