JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

X10 on Atlas 1055 with signature 3033

View previous topic :: View next topic  
landolfi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: X10 on Atlas 1055 with signature 3033 Reply with quote

Hi,

I am trying to add a 0167 Home Automation device upgrade to the existing key assignments on an Atlas 1055 with 3033 signature. I pasted the device info and protocol info from Keymap Master, but when I try to assign the device code and upload to the remote, I get "Data read read back differs from data written". This is a new Tommy Tyler USB cable on Windows 7 Home. I have posted my IR file here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10692
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: X10 on Atlas 1055 with signature 3033 Reply with quote

landolfi wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to add a 0167 Home Automation device upgrade to the existing key assignments on an Atlas 1055 with 3033 signature. I pasted the device info and protocol info from Keymap Master, but when I try to assign the device code and upload to the remote, I get "Data read read back differs from data written". This is a new Tommy Tyler USB cable on Windows 7 Home. I have posted my IR file here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10692

Here's what I would recommend since you had earlier problems with a parallel cable. Make sure all of your RDF, MAPS, and IMAGE files are updated and download the most recent copy of Remote Master (RMIR/RM).

First perform a 981 reset on the remote then use the most recent copy of RMIR to download the fresh image of your remote. Afterwards use its built-in device upgrade editor (aka RM) to merge the X10 upgrade with the recent image. Save a copy for safe keeping and then upload the altered image into your remote.
landolfi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so far so good. But now when I try to load the home automation upgrade from the file section, RMIR says: The Upgrade File you are loading is for the remote "URC-6131 PVR". I thought to try changing the RDF name in the TXT file to "Atlas &c 3033", and that does upload, but then the remote doesn't work for any function (TV, CBL, etc.). THe RMIR file: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10705
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, this is a little confusing. When RMIR says 'The Upgrade File you are loading is for the remote "URC-6131 PVR" ', you then need to select a remote from the dropdown list. It doen't really matter which one is picked (in this case), but I would go with a non-extended remote with 2K. (URC-6131nwB00 PVR Remote 2K)
RMIR wants to know which remote the original upgrade was intended for, and of course you don't have any way to know that. It's going to use that information to extract the mapping of signals to buttons, and all of the listed possibilities use the same button mapping.

Be sure to revert to the upgrade as downloaded from here; changing the name of the remote in the .txt file won't work, as you have seen.
landolfi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! That did the trick.

BTW, there wasn't really an issue with the parallel cable. One remote had been opened a long time ago (badly) and wasn't making good battery contact because the case clips weren't holding the case tight anymore, and the other had a completely unresponsive PCB. So I was able to make one good 8811 out of the two.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: