JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need a wave file for URC 9960

View previous topic :: View next topic  
San_Diego39

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Need a wave file for URC 9960 Reply with quote

Hello
I am looking and searching in the forums for a wave file for my cable/sat receiver -- Pioneer DBR - TF 100 -- .....but i dont find only a .txt file.
Anybody can help with this wave file....for URC 9960.

Thank you very much

Greetings from Germany

Uwe
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a wave file for URC 9960 Reply with quote

San_Diego39 wrote:
I am looking and searching in the forums for a wave file for my cable/sat receiver -- Pioneer DBR - TF 100 -- .....but i dont find only a .txt file.

Anybody can help with this wave file....for URC 9960.

The text file for the Pioneer DBR-TF100GB Freeview Box which you mentioned is a valid upgrade file which can be used for practically any JP1 remote. To configure and upload it easily with the RM/RMIR program, you'll need a JP1 cable. Otherwise, you're going to have to transfer the data into IR.exe then use IR2WAVE to generate the proper sound files.

I tried do it earlier with another upgrade but the process is not intuitive and very tedious. Honestly, I neither have the experience nor the patience for it. Sorry, but at least I have provided you with with some links to help you on your way. There is also the documentation in our Wiki pages which might help as well.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that's since been built into IR. So just pick Export to Wav from the File menu in IR rather than trying to use the old command line version of IR2WAV.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I believe that's since been built into IR. So just pick Export to Wav from the File menu in IR rather than trying to use the old command line version of IR2WAV.

Actually, I had to copy IR2WAV files into the IR.exe directory to get it to work that way. Otherwise the option is greyed out. That's something that wasn't described in any of the current documentation which I should have explained here. Sorry.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The URC-9960 was made in two versions. One is labled on the back as 9960-B01 and the other is labeled 9960. We need to know which you have in order to try to construct a WAV file.
Also, if you have an upgrade loeaded by WAV in the remote now, the new WAV will over write it.
San_Diego39

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
Thank you for the answers.
I downloaded all the programs and files...put the .txt file in the bat file...
but only a new .txt file...with
echo @echo off >IR2W.bat
echo java -classpath "%CD%" IRToWav %%1 %%2 %%3 %%4 %%5 %%6 %%7 %%8 %%9 >>IR2W.bat
echo @echo off >IRToWav.bat
echo cd /d %userprofile%\Desktop >>IRToWav.bat
echo echo Building sound file, wait.... >>IRToWav.bat
echo java -classpath "%CD%" IRToWav %%1 >>IRToWav.bat
echo echo Prepare the remote for download: >>IRToWav.bat
echo echo Click on the play button on your audio player when you are ready. >>IRToWav.bat
echo pause >>IRToWav.bat
echo start Upgrade.Wav >>IRToWav.bat

and another with
@echo off
java -classpath "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Uwe\Desktop\9960\903" IRToWav %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

but no wav file....

Hope anybody can create a wav file for the DBR-TF 100

@3FG
its a URC 9960 BJ3 J 04 10 03 on the label under the batteries.

The remote control is ca. 8 yrs. old.....and at this time i become the wav code by phone.

Thank you

Uwe
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

San_Diego39 wrote:
Hello
Thank you for the answers.
I downloaded all the programs and files...put the .txt file in the bat file...
but only a new .txt file...with but no wav file....

San_Diego39

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
Thank you very much.....i can creat a wav file....
but its not the right txt file.....the remote control doesnt work.....

Uwe
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

San_Diego39 wrote:
Thank you very much.....i can creat a wav file....
but its not the right txt file.....the remote control doesnt work.....

Can you please upload into Diagnostic Area of our File Section, a copy of the .IR file which you are trying to transmogrify into a .WAV file for review?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And also upload the resulting WAV file. By doesn't work, what do you mean? It doesn't control the Pioneer, or is it something more serious?
San_Diego39

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
I hope a uploaded the right files in the diagnotic area....

After i insert the wav file...the romote lights on...when i put.. search.. the dbr-tf100....the remote dont find the the box...(by tv the tv goes off)...

If you read the .txt file....no 9960....in the text....

Uwe
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

San_Diego39 wrote:
I hope a uploaded the right files in the diagnotic area....

No, you didn't. I didn't find the .ir file you were using to reformat the upgrade. All I found were two .wav files which seems to be the exact same file. Also in the future, please provide us the links to your uploads as its very difficult to find files you've uploaded. You may have more but these are the only two I've found thus far.
San_Diego39 wrote:
If you read the .txt file....no 9960....in the text....

That's correct. We are all aware of that fact. The upgrade is originally meant for the URC-6131 remote. You'll need to use the JP1 tools to recompile the upgrade to be compatible with your remote. Judging from the wav files you've uploaded it looks like you attempted to set it up for the URC-75xx series remote instead of the 9960. However, it doesn't seem like you were successful in converging the data from the upgrade into IR.exe program.

After I imported your wave files back into the IR.exe, it appears as if you started a new upgrade for the URC-75xx series then immediately exported that image as a wav file without doing anything else. But, it is often difficult to give advice based on the files you've uploaded. The .IR file is a better file for analysis because then we have a better idea of how you tried to setup the remote.

Here's a link to our Wiki page. Since you need a wav file, you'll need to use IR.exe to setup the upgrade. Therefore, I believe the documentation you want to read is "JP1 - Just How Easy Is It? - KM Version". As, I've written earlier, "I tried do it earlier with another upgrade but the process is not intuitive and very tedious. Honestly, I neither have the experience nor the patience for it. Sorry, but at least I have provided you with with some links to help you on your way".
tshephard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Questions about wav selection... (since this post has software pictures)

I have been selecting "Upgrade" instead of any other choice, as it appeared to be the least inclusive. Here I see someone recommending "Image" to a noob like me. (I'm assuming "Entire Image" is more comprehensive like in PC's.)

What are advantages to different choices here? (Please include size/time of wav as a factor as this is noisy!) Are the bottom 3 choices 'pie pieces' of a whole "image"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: