JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Videotron RT-U63P-15
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noirfire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Videotron RT-U63P-15 Reply with quote

Hey,

I'm having a similar problem I had with the ZTE remote but slightly different issue I believe and thiers 2 issues,

OK so here is everything that I know form the investigation I have done so far;

Videotron RT-U63P-15
Protocol: Panasonic Old
Device 1: 27
Device 2: 28
Device 3: 31

I'll start with the green key which is label as (D) this is a strange issue basically this key has OBC 61 which is the same as the move so it defers to Device 28 instead of Device 27. So thinking this should be all good to go the key has no response from the STB. I did some testing to try and fix it when i was doing that I found Remote Master does this;

First File (Videotron) all key work apart from [D] I have Device 1: 27 / Device 2: 28 / Device 3: 31

Second File (Videotron2) no keys work apart from [D] I have Device 1: 28 / Device 2: 27 / Device 3: 31

So by changes the order of the devices it seem to fix the [D] but break everything else. The EFC and the Hex seem to change depending on which way around you place the device number either making them work or not work……

That's is as far as I have got with that key and I'm at a loss to how to fix it?

Right the next one is worse I'm afraid this one is a bit like the ZTE remote it the 900 key. This keys function is to go to channel 900 so it literately does the same as key nine then zero, zero, this has the same Device codes and OBC codes.

Am I right in saying we can't do key with multiple out puts?

I have included all the files from the remote plus one extra IR capture labelled as (Recapture on the URC9960B01) which is a recapture of the D and 900 key on the URC9960B01.

Files;http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10470

If you need anymore information please let me know.

Thanks phil

PS. If I'm a little slow to reply its because I away until the 7th feb, but I will try and check over the weekend Smile
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Videotron RT-U63P-15 Reply with quote

Noirfire wrote:
Videotron RT-U63P-15

Okay, so... the RT-U63P is a Universal Remote which is distributed with many of the different set-top box distributed by Videotron. Apparently, they use either Pace or Scientific Atlanta set-top boxes. If you'd like me to help find a suitable OBC replacement to their ridiculous "secret handshake" or "fancy door knock" then let me know the exact model of the set-top box instead of the remote.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There appears to be a bug in the way RM calculates the offset code needed for dev2 and dev3 the net result of which is that they're switched, so for all the buttons that require device 31, select 28 and for all the ones that require 28, select 31.

I've switched them in this RMDU file, give it a try:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10480
Noirfire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There appears to be a bug in the way RM calculates the offset code needed for dev2 and dev3 the net result of which is that they're switched, so for all the buttons that require device 31, select 28 and for all the ones that require 28, select 31.

Hi Robman,

I have tried your file although the other keys still seem to be working the Green/D key still doesn't work... I'm still getting no response from the STB.

Quote:
Okay, so... the RT-U63P is a Universal Remote which is distributed with many of the different set-top box distributed by Videotron. Apparently, they use either Pace or Scientific Atlanta set-top boxes. If you'd like me to help find a suitable OBC replacement to their ridiculous "secret handshake" or "fancy door knock" then let me know the exact model of the set-top box instead of the remote.

eferz,

I'm just looking into this I should have a response from the guys in canada in by tomorrow morning...
Noirfire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Ok the reply came sooner than expected but the STB's that this remote is used for are;
Cisco PVR 8642 and Cisco 4642
Samsung PVR 8340 and Samsung 6340
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noirfire wrote:
I have tried your file although the other keys still seem to be working the Green/D key still doesn't work... I'm still getting no response from the STB.

If the +, M1 and Person buttons work, which all use the same device code as the Green button, I would have to assume the problem is on your end. Either you didn't assign the function to a good button in Slingplayer or the device just doesn't support this function. Could you try assigning the function to a regular button that you know works, and re-test it. That will confirm whether the function itself works.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noirfire wrote:
Ok the reply came sooner than expected but the STB's that this remote is used for are;
Cisco PVR 8642 and Cisco 4642
Samsung PVR 8340 and Samsung 6340
Found a match for Cisco set-top boxes but I couldn't find an exact match for the Samsung, but I recorded the consolatory option and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.
BIN file Instructions.Customization instructions:
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earl, the Samsung SMT-C1740 file you posted uses a different codeset, so it's not relevant to the device at hand. The Cisco/Scientific Atlanta Explorer file uses mostly the same codes as the Videotron, with a few new buttons and a few buttons missing.

However, you must have missed the bit that I posted earlier about the Panasonic (Old) protocol that working properly in RM. While it will work fine for the first device code selected, it gets the 2nd and 3rd device codes mixed up, so you need to select the 3rd device code if you really want to use the 2nd, and vice versa.

Rather than creating a new upgrade file, I would recommend that you create a merged file that has all of the buttons in it, so it can be used for all compatible boxes.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Earl, the Samsung SMT-C1740 file you posted uses a different codeset, so it's not relevant to the device at hand. The Cisco/Scientific Atlanta Explorer file uses mostly the same codes as the Videotron, with a few new buttons and a few buttons missing.

Since Videotron is a Channel Line Provider, I decided to use the LHD's profile of the actual set-top boxes, as reported by Noirfire, instead of trying to replicate the Videotron RT-U63P-15 remote. Analogously, this would be like us trying to figure out the proper codes of a particular set-top box from looking at the model of a Comcast remote control.

As we know, Comcast does provide their own re-branded UEI universal remote control for a varied amount of set-top boxes. So, it is reasonable that this particular remote control could utilize the same signals as the Samsung SMT-C1740 for their models of the Samsung DVRs. Remember as I wrote in my original response, the RT-U63P-15 is one of Videotron's universal remotes not one of their set-top boxes.

The only reason why I brought up the SMT-C1740 is because he recently mentioned the Samsung PVR 8340 and 6340. While searching for those on the LHD, I was given Samsung SMT-C1740 as consolatory options since the other two were not available. So, I'm not yet convinced that the respective profile is irrelevant.

The Robman wrote:
However, you must have missed the bit that I posted earlier about the Panasonic (Old) protocol that working properly in RM. While it will work fine for the first device code selected, it gets the 2nd and 3rd device codes mixed up, so you need to select the 3rd device code if you really want to use the 2nd, and vice versa.

Rather than creating a new upgrade file, I would recommend that you create a merged file that has all of the buttons in it, so it can be used for all compatible boxes.

I didn't miss it. Just didn't quite understand it. When I loaded my upgrade files into the Comcast remote or the Slingbox, the results came out as listed in Remote Master. I did not witness the output of the device switching parameters. I'm merely exercising the advice that you've given to me and many others in the past. First try the device as is then confirm what works before changing anything fancy.

Also, I did merge this upgrade from four different files. Since I used to have a Scientific Atlanta 8300HDC and 4240HD in my home. I took the ICT files which I recorded from them a long time ago and the ICT files from the Cisco Explorer 8642 and 4642 on the LHD. The only reason, I didn't include your file into the mix was because Noirfire confirmed at least one button did not work.
Noirfire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If the +, M1 and Person buttons work, which all use the same device code as the Green button, I would have to assume the problem is on your end. Either you didn't assign the function to a good button in Slingplayer or the device just doesn't support this function. Could you try assigning the function to a regular button that you know works, and re-test it. That will confirm whether the function itself works.

Hi Robman,

you were correct my bad I have fixed that now so thanks for the help on that issue Smile

Hi eferz,

I'm currently testing the files out Check the first files (Cisco/Scientific Atlanta Explorer), but I couldn't seem to find any key that related to the 900 key so I tried them all. None seem to prefrom this action I will test the others and get back to you.

Cheers

Phil
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noirfire wrote:
I'm currently testing the files out Check the first files (Cisco/Scientific Atlanta Explorer), but I couldn't seem to find any key that related to the 900 key so I tried them all. None seem to prefrom this action I will test the others and get back to you.

Actually, as I've responded to Rob, I didn't add any functions which weren't from known working learns for the Explorer series. Before I start to try to add your learns, I wanted to confirm that the ones already submitted works as expected. You can reference the RMDU for function to key assignments.
Noirfire

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Actually, as I've responded to Rob, I didn't add any functions which weren't from known working learns for the Explorer series. Before I start to try to add your learns, I wanted to confirm that the ones already submitted works as expected. You can reference the RMDU for function to key assignments.

Ahh ok sorry misunderstanding on my part inregards to the files Working files that I have all keys work apart from the 900 key are found here;

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10664

The files you added (Cisco/Scientific Atlanta Explorer) files work but the (Samsung SMT-C17400) doesn't but thats the wrong protocol (Nec2) instead on the (Pansonic (old)).
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noirfire wrote:
Ahh ok sorry misunderstanding on my part inregards to the files Working files that I have all keys work apart from the 900 key are found here.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10664

The files you added (Cisco/Scientific Atlanta Explorer) files work

At first, I thought the 900 button was doing something wacky like sending out multiple signals. But it just appears that it's just triggering a macro programmed within the set-top box.

After adding your other buttons, I see what's going on here. You have two functions "Search" and "900" which utilizes Device 31. However, when you add a third device into the Panasonic(Old) protocol then RM/RMIR will internally swap the device values of the functions between the second and third parameters of the protocol.

So, for example, if RM is set to the following:
  • Function: ChannelUp, Device: 27, OBC: 29
  • Function: Green D Diamond, Device: 28, OBC: 61
  • Function: Search, Device: 31, OBC: 23
Diagnosing the output of the device with the upgrade using IR Scope+Widget will indicate this is being shot:
  • Function: ChannelUp, Device: 27, OBC: 29
  • Function: Green D Diamond, Device: 31, OBC: 61
  • Function: Search, Device: 28, OBC: 23

Per this thread, I had to go into protocols.ini under the [Panasonic (old)] section and replace:
Code:
CmdTranslator=Translator(lsb,comp,0,2,6) Translator(lsb,1,6,0)
Code:
CmdTranslator=Translator(comp,0,2,6) Translator(lsb,1,6,0)

Afterwards, I had to recreate the functions. Apparently, when this is set appropriately, the numbers in the original upgrade will reflect the actual values when importing into your JP1 device. I've upload the new files as v1.1 with the changes implemented as above.
Noirfire wrote:
but the (Samsung SMT-C17400) doesn't but thats the wrong protocol (Nec2) instead on the (Pansonic (old)).

Those were only to be used with the Samsung branded VideoTron devices. Just in case they they were also acknowledging that protocol. Sometimes, set-top boxes are configured to promiscuously acknowledge other protocols. My Scientific Atlanta 4240HD for example responded to Panasonic(Old) and G.I. Cable but the 8300HDC only responded to Panasonic(Old).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
However, when you add a third device into the Panasonic(Old) protocol then RM/RMIR will internally swap the device values of the functions between the second and third parameters of the protocol.

Without the protocols.ini fix, it was switching them all the time. However, when you leave a device code blank in RM, it repeats the previous value into that position, so when you only entered device codes 27 and 28, it repeated 28 into the 3rd position, so then in your upgrade, when you selected 28 (ie, the 2nd device code) it actually used the 3rd device code, but as this was also 28 you never noticed.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Without the protocols.ini fix, it was switching them all the time. However, when you leave a device code blank in RM, it repeats the previous value into that position, so when you only entered device codes 27 and 28, it repeated 28 into the 3rd position, so then in your upgrade, when you selected 28 (ie, the 2nd device code) it actually used the 3rd device code, but as this was also 28 you never noticed.

Very quirky. Glad you brought it up in the other thread and there's a fix. That would have drove me crazy otherwise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: