JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RM Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
airauto

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: RM Problems Reply with quote

Been a while, but just got new equipment and need to re-program my remote. Loaded and installed all the latest tools. When I run RM I get the rmaster.err file. I uploaded it to the diagnosis area:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10451

Please help. Thanks
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The very first line of the .err file gives us a clue:
Code:
RemoteMaster version is v1.41
. Somehow, you are starting a very old version of RM. Are you perhaps using an obsolete shortcut that points to the incorrect location?
airauto

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, got that sorted out. Now I get this error file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10452
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a problem now? I don't see any obvious issues with the .err file.
airauto

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is still a problem. I can download from the remote, but when I change the device or edit the devices, it changes in the RM but when I upload it to the remote, it indicates it uploaded, however downloading from the remote it doesn't include my changes. I'm using a parallel jp1 that I got in 2005. I downloaded the device up grade:
Fujitsu_Plasma_P-42HHA(VHA)40_P50XHA40_55XHA40.txt
and make the changes, upload to the 6131n remote, it seems to upload fine. When I download it's the original upgrade.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

airauto wrote:
There is still a problem. I can download from the remote, but when I change the device or edit the devices, it changes in the RM but when I upload it to the remote, it indicates it uploaded, however downloading from the remote it doesn't include my changes. I'm using a parallel jp1 that I got in 2005. I downloaded the device up grade:
Fujitsu_Plasma_P-42HHA(VHA)40_P50XHA40_55XHA40.txt
and make the changes, upload to the 6131n remote, it seems to upload fine. When I download it's the original upgrade.

What sort of changes are you making? And is it possible if it is button reassignments, you're not paying attention to the actual OBCs? Because I don't believe the function names are stored in the remote. Those are just there for human reference.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

airauto wrote:
There is still a problem. I can download from the remote, but when I change the device or edit the devices, it changes in the RM but when I upload it to the remote, it indicates it uploaded, however downloading from the remote it doesn't include my changes.

Without seeing the files, its hard to tell what's going on. If you are doing something wrong, the remote will reset if it finds something illegal in the E2 area. So that could be what you are describing.

Post your files in the diagnosis area, and post a link in this thread so that we can take a look and give you a better answer.
airauto

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are two RM files one after making changes and uploading to remote and one after downloading from the remote.

The changes were made to Marantz Receiver and Fujitsu TV.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10459

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10458

Thanks.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There is still a problem. I can download from the remote, but when I change the device or edit the devices, it changes in the RM but when I upload it to the remote, it indicates it uploaded, however downloading from the remote it doesn't include my changes.

Ahh a picture is worth a thousand words! I looked at your files.

I concentrated on the Marantz. Other than adding a third and fourth device, i can't see a problem.

You should realize that the function names and comments only are in the RMIR file. They don't get transferred to the remote. Any unused functions will be gone and the function names will be changed to the name of the key they are on when a download is done. So these look great to me.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
You should realize that the function names and comments only are in the RMIR file. They don't get transferred to the remote. Any unused functions will be gone and the function names will be changed to the name of the key they are on when a download is done. So these look great to me.

Wait a sec. I thought that I explained that already.
airauto

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you did. I see what I'm doing now. Instead of just checking the remote with the equipment. I was just redownloading and not looking closely enough at the output. Thanks to both of you. Very Happy
airauto

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All three of you. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: