JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

laptop irda?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slugworth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: laptop irda? Reply with quote

I have an old dell laptop with an irda port,is there any firmware I can use with that or do I have to build an ir sensor device to hook to parallel port?
I want to be able to aim the remote at it to try to determine codes for sat remotes.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: laptop irda? Reply with quote

slugworth wrote:
I have an old dell laptop with an irda port,is there any firmware I can use with that or do I have to build an ir sensor device to hook to parallel port?
I want to be able to aim the remote at it to try to determine codes for sat remotes.

You'd either have to make your own or buy an IR Widget. The IrDA ports are pretty useless for IR Remote Controls unless the manufacturer supports raw access and many do not. What satellite manufacturer/model are you trying to decode? Maybe I can help.
slugworth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: setone Reply with quote

I need codes for the setone sat receivers (german) model tx-8000hd or HD4U.
No universal remote I have will do the trick.
Most sat receivers also need the colored button codes also, red/green/yel/blue
slugworth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: no gotz Reply with quote

I don't have the original remotes BTW,it is for loading that firmware on other brands of receiver (openbox s10)
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: setone Reply with quote

slugworth wrote:
I need codes for the setone sat receivers (german) model tx-8000hd or HD4U. No universal remote I have will do the trick. Most sat receivers also need the colored button codes also, red/green/yel/blue

Found matches and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.
slugworth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: jp1 cable Reply with quote

Thank you.
It never fails,I had the jp1 cable kicking around for years and I think I stripped the connector off about 6 months ago.
Now I have to build a new one.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: jp1 cable Reply with quote

slugworth wrote:
Thank you.
It never fails,I had the jp1 cable kicking around for years and I think I stripped the connector off about 6 months ago.
Now I have to build a new one.

You're welcome. Glad to help. Maybe its time to place an order with Tommy for JP1 cable and IR Widget. Smile
slugworth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: detector Reply with quote

maybe I could strip an ir detector off an old sat receiver.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: detector Reply with quote

slugworth wrote:

I just hope six months down the road, you don't find an actual need for that as you did with the JP1 cable.

Last edited by eferz on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
slugworth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: stages Reply with quote

At this stage I am just trying different firmwares on the sat receiver.
Once I find one that the tuner works,I will proceed with getting a remote to match.
slugworth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: detector Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
slugworth wrote:

I just hope six months down the road, you don't find an actual need for that as you did with the JP1 cable.

the sat receiver was already mostly stripped and ready to be recycled.
slugworth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: cable Reply with quote

I once stripped a digital switch/cable/connector out of an old scsi external case that was used to select the scsi address without opening the case.It has the proper 6pin connector.I will use that to make the jp1 cable.
NEC1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: laptop irda? Reply with quote

With IrDA ports (or even serial ports) for cloning remote controls, the raw data format ignores the start and stop bits for the serial port.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: