JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JP1 to WinLIRC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevjs1982

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: JP1 to WinLIRC Reply with quote

Now that I have finally got all my devices working on my JP1 remote I have decided to finally get my USB IR dongle working too - so far I have managed to get all the devices I care about working in WinLIRC with the Iguana IR transceiver using a combination of RAW and proper codes, apart from one - my DAB tuner

Does anyone have any foolproof way of converting a JP1 file to WinLIRC format?

The JP1 file is at
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10442 (It's an RC-5 Device where all the OBCs are > 63)

I have tried sending all the commands contained in http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/rc-5/ to it - but not one causes it to react Sad

Learning the commands in "Raw" mode kinda works but you have to alternate the buttons (e.g. I can press 1 then 2 then 3 but not 1 then 3) and of course trying to learn the proper way doesn't work ("Something went wrong")!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC-5 has a toggle bit and your results indicate that your device requires that it be set correctly, so raw mode won't work.

You need device code 17, which is 0x11 in hex, so try that as a system address in your RC-5 LIRC file.
kevjs1982

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
RC-5 has a toggle bit and your results indicate that your device requires that it be set correctly, so raw mode won't work.

You need device code 17, which is 0x11 in hex, so try that as a system address in your RC-5 LIRC file.

That's the bit I'm confused about - The file I'm using http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/rc-5/RC-5 (I have also tried the -a and extended versions) does mention that then makes no further reference to the system adresses!

Trying to send every code in the file results in nothing happening. Changing the pre-data to 0x11 also results in nothing happening (I have added another device to the config and send a command to it in the middle to check LIRC is still working - those commands work find).
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevjs1982 wrote:
That's the bit I'm confused about - The file I'm using http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/rc-5/RC-5 (I have also tried the -a and extended versions) does mention that then makes no further reference to the system adresses!

Trying to send every code in the file results in nothing happening. Changing the pre-data to 0x11 also results in nothing happening (I have added another device to the config and send a command to it in the middle to check LIRC is still working - those commands work find).

Okay, I'm not a particularly smart man but 11h = 17d = 10001b. So, if you did change "pre_data" to "0x11" shouldn't "pre_data_bits" be at least "5"? Since it takes five binary places to represent that number. Honestly, I don't know which values should be what because the way it is laid out seems confusing to me. But, like I said earlier, "I am not a particularly smart man."

You might consider sending Claas Langbehn a "WTF?" email just to get clarification since his address is at the top of that webpage.
kevjs1982

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plot thickens - managed to learn all the codes by using http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/generic/RC-5.conf and then learning the buttons - these do correspond with dev 17's Hex codes. Off to the LIRC mailing lists I go (after playing with the frequency and eps flags anyway!).

Playing around with them gets some reaction - but not consistent behaviour Twisted Evil
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevjs1982 wrote:
Playing around with them gets some reaction - but not consistent behaviour Twisted Evil

I suspect that the toggle bit isn't being set properly between key presses. So, it is probably working every other key press. Unless its a learned signal then the toggle bit is fixed and will only work while the receiving device is on the same toggle.

To give you an idea what we're talking about in regards to a toggle bit, I downloaded your RMDU file into my remote then used IR Scope to decode the "1" button (aka OBC 91) pressed six times. If you look at the results everything is the same except in the Misc column. There you'll see "T=1" or "T=0" values which alternates between key presses. This is what makes it difficult for a remote to record and replay the signal. If the toggle bit is always the same then the corresponding device won't always acknowledge it.

Code:
#   Frequency   Protocol   Device   OBC   Hex        Misc           Start   End   Error
1   36094       RC5         17      91    90 91 92   +1 copy: T=1   0       19   
2   36018       RC5         17      91    90 91 92   +1 copy: T=0   0       19   
3   36149       RC5         17      91    90 91 92   +1 copy: T=1   0       19   
4   36108       RC5         17      91    90 91 92   +1 copy: T=0   0       19   
5   36108       RC5         17      91    90 91 92   +1 copy: T=1   0       19   
6   36149       RC5         17      91    90 91 92   +1 copy: T=0   0       19

kevjs1982 wrote:
The plot thickens - managed to learn all the codes by using http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/generic/RC-5.conf and then learning the buttons - these do correspond with dev 17's Hex codes. Off to the LIRC mailing lists I go (after playing with the frequency and eps flags anyway!).

Seems like a shallow story. It does not have a plot with very much depth. Protagonist is placed in predictable situations. Couldn't relate with any of the two dimensional characters. I give it 1/2 out of 5 tomatoes.

Btw, the "pre_data_bits" on that webpage is "7" which seems accommodating for hexadecimal numbers up to 7F, decimal numbers up to 127, or binary numbers up to 1111111. Which really is the same value only represented in different number bases.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: