JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Memorex MVD2027 DVD player code for URC-6131

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Memorex MVD2027 DVD player code for URC-6131 Reply with quote

I'm looking for codes for the Memorex MVD2027 DVD player for use
with a URC-6131 with JP1. It isn't listed in the users manual booklet
and OFA says to call as this remote is upgradeable. I don't have a
learning remote so can't build up my own list. Any suggestions? Does
OFA release new codes or post them on their web site?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OFA does not post any upgrade files for the 6131 on their web site.

The 6131 cannot use the .wav type upgrade files that OFA posts of some European models of remote.

This (JP1) group does post files that can be used to upgrade the 6131's and does have a file for the MVD2027, but our files can only be used if the 6131 is modified for use with JP1 and you have a JP1 cable.

Your easiest solution may be contacting OFA customer support and getting approved to mail your remote to them. They will replace it with one that has the JP1 components installed and they will install the upgrade you need.

If you don't mind tediously programming KeyMoves (and using up most of your KeyMove memory) you can support your DVD now, without using JP1, because there are 9 different setup codes that have the same protocol and device number as your DVD.

The easiest way to check this and to start is to select the setup code CD/1297. Then test the STOP key, it should be the power function of your DVD and the 5 key should be the Play function of the DVD.

Next you can look at that upgrade file that Rob posted the URL of (below) and program each of the EFC numbers from the upgrade to an appropriate key with a KeyMove.

Last edited by johnsfine on Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:04 am; edited 2 times in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you looked in the file section? I'm guessing not because I found an exact match for this player: Memorex DVD MVD2027.txt

When OFA says that the remote is upgradeable, they mean you can send it in to them and they will add the codes for you (assuming they have them). If you have a modified URC-6131 and a JP1 cable, you don't need to do this, you can use JP1 to add the code I posted for you.

Last edited by The Robman on Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I did a forum and a yahoo msg search but forgot about
looking in the Files->Device codes->DVD section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: