JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem upgrading 9960 and 8910 with WAV file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techinfant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Problem upgrading 9960 and 8910 with WAV file Reply with quote

I have a URC-9960B01 and a URC-8910B02 which I never got around to upgrading. In recent years I purchased a Sony BDP-S350 blu-ray player which I'd like to operate with these remotes. However, I've been unable to get through to OneForAll customer service to upgrade these remotes over the phone (I believe they don't monitor these calls anymore since being acquired by Audiovox).

I revisited this recently and came across the JP1 forum and was pleasantly surprised to learn that there still might be hope. After reviewing various posts, I proceeded to install RM-IR.exe and for each remote loaded the Sony BDP-S350 .rmdu upgrade, which I then exported to .ir files which I opened and exported to WAV files in IR.exe using IRtoWAV. I then tried to upgrade the remotes using the respective WAV files, which *seemed* to go OK. However, when I then tried to assign the new device code (1226) on these remotes to the Blu-Ray player, it didn't work. The 9960 seems to accept the code but doesn't operate the player, while the 8910 tells me flat out that the code 1226 doesn't exist.

I suspect I might be committing errors during the preparation of the WAV file. Can anyone provide or point me to detailed instructions on how to create the WAV files accurately and make this procedure work? Thanks very much in advance.
iboston

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: URC 9660 Reply with quote

I have that remote as well. Everything you said works fine. Create the WAVE file.

For URC-9960, upgrade procedure as follow:
1). press and hold "setup"
2). press "other"
3). press "997" (the remote will light off)
4). place the speaker next to the remote (near CH side)
5). if success, the display will light on again after the code transmitted.

After that, you then program the code into the remote for the proper device. You can let the wave file loop over and over until you see the b linking if it does not accept it after playing it the first time.

If its still not working, then its something else. Maybe you don't have the correct protocol.

To be honest. I got frustrated with the 9660. I would hold the remote in front of the speakers for like 20 minutes sometimes having to play the wave file like 10 times before it would accept the code. When you create the wave, only do the upgrade and macro only. Dont do the entire wav file or it will be way way too long.

I stopped using that remote about 2 weeks ago. I do like the remote, but i got frustrated with the WAVE file stuff. I prefer plugging in the JP1 cable and having a quick reliable update. Especially when you need to make a bunch of subsequent updates.

Good luck.

iBoston

Last edited by iboston on Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I suspect I might be committing errors during the preparation of the WAV file. Can anyone provide or point me to detailed instructions on how to create the WAV files accurately and make this procedure work? Thanks very much in advance.

If you post the files you used to create your wav files in the diagnosis area
and then post a link here we can spot check them to see if its the files.

I'd like to see our WAV files too.

There are a lot of tools at our disposal that can make diagnosis easier, but without the files all we can do is guess. It would be a lot easier to upload the WAV file and then read what is in there.
techinfant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks iBoston and vickyg for your responses. I will give this another try. Unfortunately, its been sometime and I'm unable to track down the files that I originally used, but will do things more carefully this time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: