JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Slim Device (Logitech) Squeezebox 3 code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crossie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Slim Device (Logitech) Squeezebox 3 code Reply with quote

This is only my second post so sorry if this is the wrong place but I felt a self solved problem is worth sharing just in case others have the same issue.

If you want to move this to the closed section that's fine by me. By all means edit post as required.

1. Device: Slim Devices (Logitech) Squeezebox 3
2. Type of device: Audio streamer but remote control can accept JVC DVD remote according to Logitech
3. Year: Don't remember
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-7960
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No but not relevant in this case
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes but didn't find anything obvious
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes and this reminded me about the JVC DVD thing!
9. Partially working setup code? DVD/0623 - I will check how fully this works
10. Learning remote question? No
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes but didn't find this remote there
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Slim Device (Logitech) Squeezebox 3 code Reply with quote

Crossie wrote:
1. Device: Slim Devices (Logitech) Squeezebox 3
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-7960

Found a match and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.
Although, you'll need to change the setup code, the RMDU will allow you to grab the EFCs for the commands that you do not have. This will allow you to have a fully functional remote for your squeezebox.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DVD/0623 setup code uses the JVC protocol with device code 239 whereas the upgrade that eferz posted uses the NEC1 protocol with device code 110, so I don't think this is a match. Though it is possible that the device responds to more than one codeset.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: