JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Device Upgrade for "PORT" remote mode for Onkyo TX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjigar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Device Upgrade for "PORT" remote mode for Onkyo TX Reply with quote

Quote:

1. Device: TX-NR807
2. Type of device: A/V Receiver
3. Year: 2009
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-6131n
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes
10. Learning remote question? N/A

The remote for this receiver is "really" a universal remote. Let me explain. The remote has several "input selector" buttons that allows you to pick which A/V input gets selected. These "input selector" buttons double up as "remote mode" buttons. In other words, when you press "remote mode/input selector" button named "PORT", several buttons of the remotes gets reassigned to new functions (just like any universal remote). The "PORT" device is hooked up to an iPod dock in my case. The problem is: the "PORT" mode functions uses custom protocol. I have another learning remote so I am in the process of creating a protocol upgrade and a device upgrade for "PORT" remote mode of this remote. I am opening this request just in case someone already have the upgrade ready. I have uploaded IR file + protocol upgrade + device upgrade for "PORT" remote mode for this receiver at:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7529

The device upgrade does not work. I would appreciate if someone can review the files and comment this post.

BTW I have created the device upgrade for the main remote with zone1 functions using my learning remote. You can download this upgrade at:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7528

Thanks,
pjigar
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Device Upgrade for "PORT" remote mode for Onky Reply with quote

pjigar wrote:
1. Device: TX-NR807
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-6131n

Found a match and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.
Because this device uses both NEC1, NEC2, and NEC1-f16 protocols, the upgrade had to be split up. The main commands are in the first RMDU and iPod related commands are contained the second.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz,
The second RMDU file (which has the f16 signals) uses the same OBC1 for all signals. So using the NEC1-f16 3Fixed executor gives a much smaller upgrade (25 bytes versus 79), because actually only OBC2 is changing for each function. The executors are identical in size. You would put Device1 = 210, Device2 = 3, and Device3 = 72.

Even more important than size is the possibility of incorporating the f16 signals onto the same device button as the ordinary NEC1 signals by using keymoves. That's not possible with the f16 (Official) protocol, since it uses 4 bytes of variable data.

I recommend you change the upgrade to NEC1-f16 3Fixed.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
The second RMDU file (which has the f16 signals) uses the same OBC1 for all signals. So using the NEC1-f16 3Fixed executor gives a much smaller upgrade (25 bytes versus 79), because actually only OBC2 is changing for each function. The executors are identical in size. You would put Device1 = 210, Device2 = 3, and Device3 = 72.

Even more important than size is the possibility of incorporating the f16 signals onto the same device button as the ordinary NEC1 signals by using keymoves. That's not possible with the f16 (Official) protocol, since it uses 4 bytes of variable data.

I recommend you change the upgrade to NEC1-f16 3Fixed.

Thank you very much for clarifying that to me. I have updated the file accordingly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: