JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JP1 USB Cable

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hart

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: JP1 USB Cable Reply with quote

Hate to say it but I've not used a JP1 remote in few years. Still remember paying $19.95 for a remote that could learn and provided macros. Somewhere I still have print out from Remote Central forum that first made me aware of what were then undocumented features -- even before full implications of JP1 connector were published / known.

Bought a USB JP1 cable here that was used a few times but no longer need it and want it to find a good home so will sell for $10 + whatever shipping you desire. Big thing is for it not to end up in throw away box.

Post back here if interested.
joegovernale

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the cable still available?
hart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cable is available. I've sent PM with an email contact.
NEURON

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you still have the JP1 USB cable?
NEURON

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Still have JP1 USB cable? Reply with quote

I am replying to myself. I received a Topic Reply Notification in an email saying:
Quote:
This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=102849#102849

The link says: The topic or post you requested does not exist

I checked and have no PMs. Is there another way to find this post?

I really would like a cable to simply plug into a usb port on my computer and the JP1 connector on my URC 8910 and 9910 remotes. All I have found is buy this cable & then buy this adaptor. Total being around $50 and I don't even know if I have the skill-set to make it work, and the more post I read the more I doubt it.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Still have JP1 USB cable? Reply with quote

NEURON wrote:
I am replying to myself. I received a Topic Reply Notification in an email saying:
Quote:
This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=102849#102849

The link says: The topic or post you requested does not exist

We removed the spam reply. That's why the post doesn't exist.

NEURON wrote:
I really would like a cable to simply plug into a usb port on my computer and the JP1 connector on my URC 8910 and 9910 remotes. All I have found is buy this cable & then buy this adaptor. Total being around $50 and I don't even know if I have the skill-set to make it work, and the more post I read the more I doubt it.

If you are going to continue on with newer remotes this might be your best option. Or maybe one of those newer Nokia cables with the adapter might be your best course of action.

Prelude (Diy gadget) is still selling the EEPROM USB JP1 that doesn't require the adapter for $30.99.

You do know that the 8910 and 9910 can be upgraded without a cable, via a WAV file, although that's only one-way communication.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: