JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for codes: Yamaha RX-V671 AV rcvr
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
3FG wrote:
People normally remap the buttons because each remote and the intended use are different. It was only an issue here because we want to completely understand the failure mode, and I think we do now.

Wait, I'm not sure I understand the problem. Does it have anything to do with Vicky's broken glasses? Because I think that deserves the highest priority and needs to be resolved, stat.

You'll be happy to know my JP1 my soldering iron was put to good use and I now have working glasses. Working with the Accessibility Magnifier was a pain. The only thing I could without the accessibility magnifier was browse the internet with the font enlarged as big as it would go. I was really bored as you can see by the Wiki.

Quote:
Quote:
In any case, for diagnostic purposes it would have been a big help if you had saved and uploaded the RMDU file that resulted when the remote type was changed. It really isn't the same file anymore once the remote has been changed or the buttons have been remapped.

Actually, I didn't save the file to disk, I just changed the remote type and copied the device code to IR. I assumed that I didn't need to save the file for the generated code to be correct. Am I wrong about that?

Its always easier to diagnose a problem if we have all the facts. There are numerous common user errors that can be easily seen when we load the files into the tools. Sometimes we even go as far as loading a file into the remote and shoot the code at a Widget in order to see why things don't work. The diagnosis process works best with the files.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
You'll be happy to know my JP1 soldering iron was put to good use and I now have working glasses. Working with the Accessibility Magnifier was a pain. The only thing I could see without the accessibility magnifier was browse the internet with the font enlarged as big as it would go. I was really bored as you can see by the Wiki.

Wow, bravas are in order. Very handsome work you've done there. Maybe not having your glasses for this while wasn't such a big loss to the community. Thank you very much for completing it. Brava!
iboston

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: RX-V671 Reply with quote

Has anyone uploaded a .RMDU for the RX-V671 utilizing the 4Dev Yamaha Combo protocol?

I am starting to piece together one. I've spent the last few hours adding the different IR codes, and am looking forward to trying it out once i actually get the RX-671 in the mail.

I want to thank the people in this thread. Thank you user [chico_woodhill]. Without you, this thread wouldn't exist. Thank you user [3FG] for your link to awe-europe. Without that, i would not have any codes to input. What a wonderful site. Too bad it doesn't have every electronic device listed such as my blu-ray players, etc.

Also from another thread, thank you user [ve3lnc] for your file upgrade upload. Without that, i would have needed to start from scratch. This file had all the basic IR codes. Here is a link to that just in case it might interest someone else : http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9183

If i am successful and no one already tells me about one that already exists, i will upload my device upgrade once i confirm its operation.

Ps. I am working with the URC-7780. Had it shipped from the UK to get my hands on it.
iBoston
chico_woodhill

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: RX-V671 Reply with quote

iboston wrote:
Has anyone uploaded a .RMDU for the RX-V671 utilizing the 4Dev Yamaha Combo protocol?

I am starting to piece together one. I've spent the last few hours adding the different IR codes, and am looking forward to trying it out once i actually get the RX-671 in the mail.

I never uploaded my .RMDU (for shame) but I have been using my remote with the RX-V671 since this thread got me through the various Yamaha protocol issues. Yes, having the proper protocols set up in the .RMDU lets you pick and choose from the many commands available in the document you refer to.

Later this weekend when I get some time I'll upload my .RMDU, which you should be able to use directly for the RX-V671 (changing the remote type, of course...)

Best of luck...
iboston

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Question about calculating discretes Reply with quote

From this post
3FG wrote:
72 is the hex of the OBC 7*16+2 =114. 0D is almost the complement of 72, but not quite, and we describe this variant as Style y1. You'll see how to enter these in RM once you specify the Yamaha Combo.
I don't understand what you mean by 0D is almost the complement of 72. How do you know if its style y1,y2 or y3. I am a bit confused on this aspect.

I figure this is the last of my problems as to why some of my discretes are not working..

iBoston
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we built that into DecodeIR, so if you're working with learned signals, the decode should tell you which variant it is.
iboston

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Not making the connection....l Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I think we built that into DecodeIR, so if you're working with learned signals, the decode should tell you which variant it is.

Yea, not working with that... This is from
http://www.awe-europe.com/ir_232.html

Pandora MAIN 7F01-85FA

I have deciphered everything else.
7F01 = Protocol 127.1
85 = 133 for discrete code.
FA ???? How does this determine y1,y2,y3 ???
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Not making the connection....l Reply with quote

iboston wrote:
The Robman wrote:

Pandora MAIN 7F01-85FA

7F01 = Protocol 127.1

It would be nice to know specifically where. That page you referenced has a hundred (or so) links. And the one that's relevant to the Yamaha RX-V671 doesn't seem to have it.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Not making the connection....l Reply with quote

iboston wrote:
The Robman wrote:

Pandora MAIN 7F01-85FA

7F01 = Protocol 127.1

This comes from decodeIR.html
-y1: D:8,S:8,F:8,~F:7,F:1:7 (complement all of F except the MSB)
-y2: D:8,S:8,F:8,F:1,~F:7:1 (complement all of F except the LSB)
-y3: D:8,S:8,F:8,F:1,~F:6:1,F:1:7 (complement all of F except MSB and LSB)

85FA
85 1000 0101
FA 1111 1010

So I believe this is y1 because everything but because of all of the twisiting and turning with LSB and MSB I am never quite sure which is msb and which is lsb. If its not y1 then its y2.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Not making the connection....l Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
This comes from decodeIR.html
-y1: D:8,S:8,F:8,~F:7,F:1:7 (complement all of F except the MSB)
-y2: D:8,S:8,F:8,F:1,~F:7:1 (complement all of F except the LSB)
-y3: D:8,S:8,F:8,F:1,~F:6:1,F:1:7 (complement all of F except MSB and LSB)

Ha! I just realized that the DecodeIR.html @ (http://www.hifi-remote.com/johnsfine/DecodeIR.html#NEC) is not as up to date as the one included in the Remote Master 2.02 Beta.

No wonder I felt like was going crazy. The last couple of days, I decided to sit down and read it from my iPad and I couldn't find reference to those NEC "-y[1-3]" variants. I still don't have a complete grasp in deciphering IRP notations, so it didn't help me too much after realizing it was the wrong document. Though DecodeIR.html the did help understand some protocols a little better.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're working from the Yamaha documentation, and using NEC 4DEV Yamaha Combo, use the notes provided in RMIR:

YStyle selects among the following:
NEC: sends the ordinary NEC signals (specified by NStyle) in which the second byte of data is the complement of the first byte.
The two bytes of data always add to 255, which is standard for NEC signals. Normally only the first byte is specified.
Y1: sends NEC signals except the sum of the two bytes is 127 or 383 (256+127). Yamaha shows both bytes in their docs.
Y2: sum is 254 or 256.
Y3: sum is 126 or 128 or 384.

Since the Yamaha docs are in hexadecimal notation, first convert the function codes to decimal. 85h = 133d, and FAh = 250d.

133 + 250 = 383, which means this is a y1 style signal.

Most Yamaha signals that are associated with the Main zone are either NEC1 or NEC1-y1. Signals for other zones may also be y2 or y3.
chico_woodhill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:

Since the Yamaha docs are in hexadecimal notation, first convert the function codes to decimal. 85h = 133d, and FAh = 250d.

133 + 250 = 383, which means this is a y1 style signal.

Most Yamaha signals that are associated with the Main zone are either NEC1 or NEC1-y1. Signals for other zones may also be y2 or y3.

Since the Yamaha documentation is an Excel spreadsheet, I added several new columns with Excel formulas to the sheet to calculate and display the protocol styles for each command. I'm traveling at the moment so I can't share the formulas or modified sheets, but if anybody is interested I could upload the file when I get home.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Not making the connection....l Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
Ha! I just realized that the DecodeIR.html @ (http://www.hifi-remote.com/johnsfine/DecodeIR.html#NEC) is not as up to date as the one included in the Remote Master 2.02 Beta.

It is now.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Not making the connection....l Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
eferz wrote:

It is now.
Hee hee. Thanks, Rob!
chico_woodhill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: RX-V671 Reply with quote

iboston wrote:

Here you go: Yamaha RX-V671_NEC_Yam_4DEV_v001.rmdu
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10118

This utilizes the extended NEC protocols discussed in this thread. You can add more codes as needed but just be careful to make sure that the NEC protocols are properly indicated in the rmdu file Functions page (i.e., Dev.Sub, N-Style, and Y-Style).

Grateful thanks to all who pitched in on this topic!

...chico
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: