JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

8820N Help Please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajkitte

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: 8820N Help Please Reply with quote

I am trying to get the device buttons on an 8820N remote to actually send out an IR pulse, and am having no luck in this. I am going to attempt to upload my code, and if anyone can let me know what I'm doing wrong, I would appreciate it.
ajkitte

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: File uploaded Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10088
This is the file I uploaded. Thanks again if anyone can help.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you activate the extender? TV/Power after you uploaded your image? I loaded your image into a 10820N activated the extender and the device button (TV/cbl/vcr/dvd/cd/PVR/AUD/AND aux1) are all sending an IR code. AUX2 and SAT don't send out a signal.

You realize that by putting the keymoves there, there is no device selection available on most of those keys. Because keymoves trump macros.

This is not the way you want to do it, but it IS sending a signal.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
ajkitte

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: You were right, Reply with quote

I just needed to activate it. Thank you very much for the help.
FYI, the reason I have this set up as moves is because I simply need this remote to send out the same controls for every device type, and the device select buttons send a "mode" ir into my system. This is an AMX IR library, so this is the front end code into the control system, the AMX takes care of all the IR/IP/232 control of my devices. I was able to do this without an extender on the 8910/9910 remotes, but since I wasn't able to find any of those after my initial group started failing, this is my replacement remote. Thank you again.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! So you just want your remote to replace 1 remote. Then this makes sense for you.

Don't forget to reactivate the extender whenever you replace the batteries.

Good luck.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: