JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Harmon/Kardon AVR80 MkII Receiver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctmooregottapee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Harmon/Kardon AVR80 MkII Receiver Reply with quote

using a non-learning urc 8080 b01 remote with a working JP1 cable.

i have been able to get advanced setup code 0269 under amp/tuner to get the power and mute keys to work, but after trying all 255 efcs, nothing else would do anything.

i've tried using other h/k codes for other model receivers in the yahoo jp1 group to no avail.

i've downloaded a few pronto ccf files and converted them with ccf2efc.exe but the text output doesn't include any info for the h/k functions, just the raw ir code (ie no freq or efc code)
Button(000080C8)=15,108, size=53,38, "6CH", font=Pronto 10
IR Code: "RC5x" 5001 0073 0002 0000 0010 0001 0003 0000

most importantly, i would like to get the '6 channel input' function.

cheers!
chance m.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think DecodeCCF.exe will give correct output for those RC5x signals that ccf2efc doesn't understand.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I'd like to thank you for mentioning that you don't have a JP1 learning remote, that shows you took the time to read the main readme thread.

I downloaded a file for the AVR80 Mk II from RC and ran DecodeCCF against it to get all the codes. I have created a KM upgrade file for it: H-K_AVR80_Mk_II_Combo.txt. The bad news for you is that the URC-8080 is not very good an handling 2-byte upgrades.

The 6CH function uses the RC5x protocol, device code 16, unit code 1, OBC 3.

You can probably re-create this function by creating a keymove using the built in TUNER/0412. This is a 2-byte code, so you would need to use the hex format (rather than the EFC format). I'm not totally positive what the hex format is for this protocol, but I think "FB C0" will work.
ctmooregottapee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for going through the trouble of grabbing those codes for me. i too was able to basically use the same procedure to get the code but wasn't sure if they were correct.

unfortunately i'm unable to get anything to work. i copied the protocol and device data, heeding the button mapping limit and the msg about uploaded it to the remote and no go.

i'm completely lost when you talk about using device 0412 to do a key move. could you provide more details or point me to some doc. what is device 412 and how do i see its details; r u talking about doing this through the remote interface setup, or through jp1, or both?

any ideas on getting 2 byte upgrades to work better? jp1 gives me a warning about upgraded protocols and setting up the device that uses them as "Device Button Restricted"...

it really burns my @ss as i've been able to get rid of all my remotes and set them up in the 8080 except for the h/k just so i can use the 6ch button.

you almost got the hex format correct, it is "FB C1"
your time and help is much appreciated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: