JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Search   Statistics   Toplist   View All Files 
JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> File Section -> JP1 File Section -> Device Upgrades -> Satellite -> Pansat 2300 and 2500
File - Pansat 2300 and 2500
Description: This file was created using Keymap Master version 8.30. It began with Pansat2500Receiver.txt (author unknown) and I corrected the page up/dn mis-name (was channel up/dn) and added the missing Sat/TV function code. I added a few descriptions to the functions to clear up any further confusion. I also deleted any function codes that do not appear on the original Pansat remote.

Please see 02-28-06 edit comments below.
Submited by: MaximusPlank
Author: edited by MaximusPlank, 11-05-04, updated by Rob on 10/29/05
Version: 10/29/05
Date: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:26 pm
Last Updated: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:30 pm
Last Download: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:46 pm
File Size: 4.97 KB
Rating: Not Rated (0 Votes)
Downloaded: 782

Author Comments
The Robman
Site Owner

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:04 pm    Comment subject:

I have combined all of the Pansat 2500a files into one and replaced this file with it (I deleted the other files to avoid confusion).

I'm guessing that there are at least 2 different remotes in circulation as the remote that I used to capture the signals doesn't have the PAGE-UP and PAGE-DOWN buttons that I found in the other upgrades.

This remote does have a few buttons that didn't appear in the other upgrades. This remote has two buttons labelled PAUSE, which I have called PAUSE1 and PAUSE2 in the KM file. The PAUSE2 button is the one that appeared in all the other upgrades, whereas the PAUSE1 button did not. This remote also has two buttons that I'm guessing scroll through the guides, which I have called GUIDE UP and GUIDE DOWN in the upgrade. I don't know how these differ from the PAGE UP/DOWN buttons.

Here's the remote that I captured...
MaximusPlank

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:21 pm    Comment subject: Mysterious Remote

Edit: 02-28-06

The picture posted here by Rob is in fact the one and only shipped by Pansat during the production run of the 2500A.

I don't understand the confusion with this remote. From the beginning the Sat/TV, TV/Radio and the remote's TV/VCR buttons have been misunderstood to be the same function. Lately it appears the Page Up/Dn functions are misunderstood to be dedicated to the EPG/Guide when in fact they function as PgUp/PgDn all the menu screens - normal expected function. The original double pause buttons are another mystery but do have different OBC/Hex codes and have been proven to have different functions - one pauses video only and the other both audio and video with Fortec software. When inputting keys with Fortec software the upper one is needed (obc5/hex5f).

The original Pansat remote files once posted here have been lost, both complete and ones with errors. I've reposted the one that was here. The 2nd one remaining (Pansat 2500A) "appears" to be complete and correct but has button names and descriptions that only have meaning to the OP unless one takes the time to interpret what the heck is going on. How "F" keys became adopted to this remote is beyond me. Every time someone fiddles with this remote they interpret it in a different way and usually decide to leave out functions that they don't understand. I'm glad this receiver is out of production now so this will end the madness.