JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Search   Statistics   Toplist   View All Files 
JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> File Section -> JP1 File Section -> Extenders -> Radio Shack -> 15-2116 -> 15-2116ex3.zip
File - 15-2116ex3.zip
Description: Adds control for the backlight and use of the backlight key to Extender 2
Submited by: cdhixson
Author: Paul__King
Date: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:13 am
Last Updated: None
Last Download: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:02 pm
File Size: 46.24 KB
Rating: Not Rated (0 Votes)
Downloaded: 951

Author Comments
Capn Trips
Expert

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:39 am    Comment subject:

The Pause protocol that is included with the extender package has proven to be much too short for most reasonable uses in a remote's IR setup. If you need to create and use a Pause signal, I strongly recommend going into the Protocol upgrade section of your extended IR setup and replacing the Pause protocol included with the extender with one generated by KM or RM.
Jay S

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:12 pm    Comment subject: Pause protocol, hopefully helpful hints

After a few problems, I think I have a working extended remote. I thought I would add a few notes to save time for someone else.

As noted, the pause protocol is quite short. It wasn't obvious to me how to get RM to build one though. I finally figured out that I could use RM 7.12 to build a Pause protocol rmdu file by using the setup page, picking a device type and setup code, and picking Pause Protocol (special) from the protocol pick list. I defined functions with the appropriate length and mapped them to buttons to get the key moves in IR but this probably wasn't necessary (you can do this in IR). Then I copied the output to IR on the add protocols page.

You may need to delete the 01fb protocol and the MISC 1104 device from the extender before installing the RM protocol. I ended up with 2 protocols called 1fb after the move the first time around without doing that. I'm don't know if that would be a problem or not. I never loaded it to the remote to find out.

Use the special protocols page to add key moves for all of the special protocols. It's more tailored to the protocols than the key move page and the protocol key moves don't show up on the key moves page after they are entered. IR lets you map to the logical db_ devices, but that didn't work for me, I think they are subject to the key move limit of the first 7 devices.

I also had problems with merged code behaving oddly on my remote. Creating a ir file from scratch by opening 2116ext.txt didn't have the same problems. YMMV.