JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Search   Statistics   Toplist   View All Files 
JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> File Section -> JP1 File Section -> Device Upgrades -> HTPC - Media Centers -> ORtek VRC-1100
File - ORtek VRC-1100
Description: Recorded from the respective LHD device profile
Submited by: eferz
Author: eferz
Version: 1.0
Date: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:51 pm
Last Updated: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:57 pm
Last Download: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:37 pm
File Size: 3.74 KB
Rating: Not Rated (0 Votes)
Downloaded: 252

Author Comments
mdavej
Expert

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:19 pm    Comment subject:

To use this upgrade on an RCA RCRP05B or BR, you must edit the RDF and change 01ED in the Protocols section to 01ED:uei
JHBrandt

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:04 pm    Comment subject:

Turns out I have this remote! Mine was sold by a company called "CE Compass;" I assume the "CE" stands for "Consumer Electronics." But they no longer sell it and I couldn't find any info on it at their Web site or by searching Amazon for their products. Luckily when I saw the other VRC-1100 file with the mouse commands, I Googled VRC-1100 and recognized the picture as my remote. This upgrade file did the trick, proving it's the same remote.

All the "smarts" are in the dongle; not counting mouse commands, the remote just sends one of 46 one-byte codes, and the USB dongle translates them into keystrokes. (Well, except the Info key, which it translates into a right mouse click for some odd reason.) Some keys are on a standard keyboard, but others only appear on "multimedia" keyboards. I tried adding the 18 unlisted OBCs but the dongle just ignored every one except the 46 sent by the remote. Sad The dongle also translates the two different codes the remote sends for Play and Pause to the same key (Play/Pause), making one of those two buttons redundant.